GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 GTI jerks

y2jgogo

MY car is 2015 Golf GTI 6 speed Manual. In parking lot while on 1st gear, whenever I disengage clutch (push down clutch pedal) to go into neatural when RPM is about "1,500", my car jerks. It doesn't shake like you are experienceing earthquake, but to the point that it bothers me. I bought this car a week ago!! It also used to happen when I drove 2008 Nissan 350z. I am wondering if it is normal for manual transmission cars? If I disengage clutch when RPM is 2,000 or above while on 1st gear, it doesn't happen at all. I dont feel any jerking motion. Any comments will be welcomed. Thanks.

Z27

Ready to race!
I totally thought the title meant: jerks driving a 2015 GTI. Lol

ommoran

Ready to race!

y2jgogo

Yeah..That's what I thought. VW technician drove it and he said it drove fantastic.

Can any of you guys explain why it happenes tho? I just want to know the fundamentals behind it. Thanks!

y2jgogo

Does it make a "clunk" sound when you step on the clutch? Or are you talking about the crapy rough idle of direct injected cars?

It doesn't make any clunk sound, but I can feel when the clutch disengages whenever I step on the clutch pedal. The car jerks to the point that I can feel the disengaging clutch.

southlegend

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel like this is normal of a manual transmission. Here in the UK we're taught that 1st gear is only for pulling off or slow manouevers (like parking space adjustments).

In any manual I've driven, I put the car into 2nd gear as soon as the car is properly moving in 1st. Leaving it in 1st results in jerky driving changes once the revs get too high.

Second gear is absolutely fine for the slow speeds in parking lots. The GTi is a 2.0 turbo so it'll handle it with ease. Heck, I my girlfriend's 1.2 8v Punto can do it.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
This is normal. This is most definitely not the smoothest transmission in the world. Evos and Stis are even worse, very jerky.