GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of Golf R with the Akrapovic exhaust.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The Bike ones like those are full Titanium and give a slightly crisper tone but not £3k worth IMO. I have an axle back Remus quad and get the Farts that are much louder than stock (it is now mapped though).

I don't like the overrun pops as it sounds like a Barry boy Ford Focus ST but each to their own.

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
The Akrapovic titanium exhaust costs £2975 including VAT. It is 7kg lighter than stock!

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
If it was a factory option i'd be tempted, but afterwards when you factor in having to pay shipping and possible taxes or import fees no way it is worth it.

You can get the APR or AWE fancy one for half the price.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Only available as a factory option, so add in the cost of a stock exhaust. Now you talking another 1,000 - 1500. In the U.S. that's like $6,000 for an exhaust, maybe more. I can see the car being stolen just for the exhaust. With a custom color we would be paying enough extra to buy a new motorcycle.

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
Only available as a factory option, so add in the cost of a stock exhaust. Now you talking another 1,000 - 1500. In the U.S. that's like $6,000 for an exhaust, maybe more. I can see the car being stolen just for the exhaust. With a custom color we would be paying enough extra to buy a new motorcycle.

So true

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R

Nope it is available and its just the muffler back, you can buy the part on e-acca. When it first was added it was 3100USD, now its up to $3900USD + shipping/fees.

#5G6253609CQ

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
I recall watching several YouTube clips featuring this exhaust system on Golf Rs approximately 18 months ago, including one or more "official" Volkswagen press clips. If I remember correctly, this titanium exhaust system was introduced by VW AG as factory option principally to save weight -- roughly seven pounds over the stock OEM muffler. I distinctly remember thinking I'd lose seven pounds of body weight before I'd pony up $3k for an Akrapovic exhaust system.

Footnote of sorts: After Volkswagen introduced this option -- which, in effect, introduced it to the motoring press worldwide -- Porsche began to offer it as a factory option, too. And of course it's even more expensive as a Porsche option -- $5k or $6k on a Boxster, if memory serves. Nuts, if you ask me.

Oh, and one other thing: It's not pronounced Ack-rah-poh-vic. It's A-crap-oh-vic. Yet another reason not to buy one.