GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Hans

Ready to race!
Suspension:
KW V1 (link)

Extras:
New Front Shock Mounts and Bearings (I am just over 46k mi.)
Added some spacers as well (F)10 (R)15

Wheels:
18x8 +45 Cadiz Replicas

Tires:
Sumitomo 235/40R-18 HTR A/S P02

KW V1s Installed

I'm really happy with the results! BFI did the install. I went from factory, to DG springs only, to this set up. I was looking for more drop, but balancing it with some comfort as its my DD, and a quality kit. My preferred alignment shop wasn't available today, but I have an appointment for tomorrow. It tracked surprisingly well on the way home.

I do get a little rubbing up front on big dips (did the fender screw mod), so we'll see if the alignment improves that; if not, may move to 5s up front.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Looks awesome. Alignment should fix it up.

Nrappa

Ready to race!

H&R sport springs with 3SDM 0.05 wheels that are 18x8.5 wrapped in Federal 595 RS-RR’s 245/40/18. Looks amazing but rubs on hard bumps and aggressive turns when going fast. Definitely going to need to roll the fenders. If you plan on doing something similar go for a smaller sidewall if you can, you might avoid having to roll the fenders. The front wheels sit pretty much flush with the fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bettywhiteMK7

Passed Driver's Ed

Hey guys, first post here. Considering picking up a set of gt500 wheels from a guy who had them on a bagged mk5 Jetta. Specs are 18x9.5 et45. I'm currently on BC Racing Extreme Lows, I like these wheels but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to fit them. I know it's going to be a tight fit but any ideas on any major issues I might run into? Thanks in advance.

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
How the eff is that even possible?! That’s amazing, I thought we could go up 245.

Haha! Don't believe everything you read here, not everyone has tried fitting anything wider than that. The last setup I ran was 265s all around (same width and offset) and virtually no rubbing. My cousin ran the same setup on his GTI and now switched to 255s on 19x9 et 40

My cousin's current setup:

madface1

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not sure how much of an actual drop it is, if I had to guess I'd say 2.5-3" from stock.

No actually 30 series on both, the 255 is the same rolling diameter as the stock 18s, the 265's were slightly taller. The rear arches are stock, fronts just have the screw removed and the tab bent up.

The reason I went down to 255 this time was so that I could pull the camber out, with the 265s I had to run -2.5 up front and -2 rear. Now with the 255's it's only at -0.6 front and -1.2 rear (the most we could get it to come out at this height), and the coils are turned down another 1/8".