GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18Z calipers on the mk7.5 R

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
You either left an abs sensor unplugged or you damaged them in some way during the swap. The ABS/Brake light(s) should go away within a couple hundred feet of driving the car, if you disconnected the battery. You shouldn't have to re-code anything.

Unfortunately not the case. I replaced both sensors twice. Nothing is unplugged. Myself and 2 different shops can’t figure it out. The only thing it might be is that the bearing on the A3 is much larger. I saw something about 85mm on some A3 models somewhere. If it is in fact larger then the computer isn’t going to calculate correctly. There for, needing to recode.

Regardless, I bought a different kit and am going to remove this whole setup. I’ll be selling it with a whopping 300 miles on it.

18z calipers
345mm rotors, drilled
Stainless lines for use on MKVII
Red stuff pads
MKVI buckles
MKVI bearings
MKVI sensors
All hardware needed to plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
it might be your ABS module. I can't see why your calipers would affect your sensors or ABS system. What were your error codes?

Electronic Fault ABS front left and right
Parking brake fault
Literally every warning light is tied into the sensors is lit up on my dash.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Sorted... reverse polarity. Thanks to MNG for the tip.

I did already order a different kit. This just broke in at 700 miles. Grabs like crazy. Super happy with it but I’m going with the new set I picked up. This whole setup is up for sale! Direct swap for MKVII’s all around! Basically brand new and just broken in. You know you want it! PM me if you’re interested. I can price it to move.