Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
A younger me. Welcome!

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Welcome Jim.
2 things, your car is newer than mine, I am newer than you. I feel both good and bad about this.

Simple joke aside, enjoy the absolute beast of a car, I hope your experience with this is as enjoyable (and more) than mine.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm probably not as old as you fella's but here's the beauty of being an old guy in an R:

a) You can just ignore the ricer kids. They'll think you aren't even aware of what you're driving... 'cuz you're old.

b) When the mood strikes, you can blow their doors off and have them befuddled as to how and why some old dude just rocketed by in a plain 'ol grocery getter.

LC activated, hunch your body forward, put both hands on the top of the steering wheel, open your mouth wide, and as the light turns yellow for cross traffic, rev it, lean back and go.

goes2fast

How old are you?
I will turn 70 in February. Thanks for all the good wishes. Took it to the drag strip for a base time with a stock tune, did 13.22 @ 102mph. I can't wait till I can get a tune done. :)

P.S. our strip is about 6,000 ft. above sea level.

BillD1953

I will turn 70 in February. Thanks for all the good wishes. Took it to the drag strip for a base time with a stock tune, did 13.22 @ 102mph. I can't wait till I can get a tune done. :)

P.S. our strip is about 6,000 ft. above sea level.

I'll be 66 in Feb.

Is it easy enough to get in and out of the R at "our age" ? :confused::)

My BMW X3M40i is easy to get in and out off....seat height is even with my butt,,.....I used to kind of roll out of my 228i 2 door...it was a 6MT. :D

I'm considering a new R 6MT for a DD....20K miles/yr.......6 yr 72K warranty is nice.

goes2fast

I'll be 66 in Feb.

Is it easy enough to get in and out of the R at "our age" ? :confused::)

My BMW X3M40i is easy to get in and out off....seat height is even with my butt,,.....I used to kind of roll out of my 228i 2 door...it was a 6MT. :D

I'm considering a new R 6MT for a DD....20K miles/yr.......6 yr 72K warranty is nice.
I have a 4 level fusion in my lower back, and a bad rt knee, and I have no problems getting in and out.

I would strongly suggest you drive a DSG before buying. I'm a manual guy too, have a muncie 4 speed in my 57 Chevy, but got this so my wife could drive it. I love the twin clutch, it shifts so much faster than I can, plus allows me to focus on the corners more while the computer does the shifting. :cool:

goes2fast

Started personalizing my R.

goes2fast

Got my winter wheels, and tires on just in time.