GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Gti Oz wheel fitment

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
this thread has been super helpful! I was about to order Leggera's off TR with ET35... but now thinking of playing it safe with ET48... really hate to put spacers on the car though...

just don't like the idea of one more part with weight added to the wheel hub. Maybe it's just me b/c i've never used spacers before and have heard of ppl with wobble problems etc.

lol why cant OZ just have that perfect 8.5 width ET45 fitment

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
this thread has been super helpful! I was about to order Leggera's off TR with ET35... but now thinking of playing it safe with ET48... really hate to put spacers on the car though...

just don't like the idea of one more part with weight added to the wheel hub. Maybe it's just me b/c i've never used spacers before and have heard of ppl with wobble problems etc.

lol why cant OZ just have that perfect 8.5 width ET45 fitment

Let me put your mind at ease. I ran 10mm and 12.5mm spacers(ECS) on my MKV GTI for 7 years without issue. I am currently running the same spacers on my Mk7 for about 7 months now and have no issues to report. Just make sure you are getting a hubcentric spacer with an extended lip and you should not have issues. Usually people run into problems(wobbles/vibration), in my experience, with 8mm spacers as many companies don't make them(8mm) with a hubcentric "lip".

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Let me put your mind at ease. I ran 10mm and 12.5mm spacers(ECS) on my MKV GTI for 7 years without issue. I am currently running the same spacers on my Mk7 for about 7 months now and have no issues to report. Just make sure you are getting a hubcentric spacer with an extended lip and you should not have issues. Usually people run into problems(wobbles/vibration), in my experience, with 8mm spacers as many companies don't make them(8mm) with a hubcentric "lip".

Great to hear! I'll probably pull the trigger on the ET48 then and go with some 10mm for the back

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
At 48mm offset they won't sit flush. I am on a set of OZ Alleggerita 18x8 48mm so they are the same spec as your wheel. I currently have 10mm spacers on the front and 12.5mm the back. I'd say the rear is decently flush and the fronts would be more flush with an 8mm spacer than 10mm like on line. The 10mm makes it stick out a little.

Hey Clem,
What spacers are you using?
I was about to order some ECS spacers and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the Tire rack supplied OZ Hubcentric rings.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey Clem,
What spacers are you using?
I was about to order some ECS spacers and wanted to make sure I wouldn't have any issues with the Tire rack supplied OZ Hubcentric rings.
Im using ECS spacers and I will recommend using anti seize on the spacer hub extention/hub ring because the supplied metal OZ hub rings are becoming increasingly hard to get off the spacer. If I left it for long enough I think the ring would fuse itself to the spacer.

E90 Skye

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e36 M3, MK7 GTI PP
Im using ECS spacers and I will recommend using anti seize on the spacer hub extention/hub ring because the supplied metal OZ hub rings are becoming increasingly hard to get off the spacer. If I left it for long enough I think the ring would fuse itself to the spacer.

Thanks for the info Clem, just ordered some anti seize.