GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally, got myself a 2018 Golf R! (manual trans)

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I had this car for almost a week now and love it! It’s the first manual car I’ve owned. I’m 23 and still learning how to drive it better and better everyday. It’s pretty quick stock too. I also have a FBO cammed, ported heads, 3.91 gears, upgraded torque converter, E85 and more 2010 camaro ss and I would be curious
to see how a race between them would go once I start adding more mods. So far all I have done is the ECS clutch stop (helped so much) tinted the windows, and the carista coding (wish I had an android to use OBD Eleven instead). I have a lot of mods in mind like APR intake, APR turbo inlet pipe, charge pipe, discharge pipe, Remus exhaust, and more that I will eventually add. Just getting used to driving manual first and don’t want to avoid my warranty yet haha. I still have a lot more small parts I ordered coming. Any mods you guys suggest? I was looking into getting he homelink mirror for the mk7 with DAP, but I’m not sure if it will work on the MK7.5. I also have an Alky control meth kit that I was going to use on the Camaro if/when I boosted it, but might use that on the golf R down the line now.

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Congrats on the new car!!

I tried the homelink mirror in my '18, and no way it fits. Even out of the car, I couldn't get the plastic cap over the new mirror. Maybe it was just manufacturing tolerances or something about build date, as I saw another 7.5R got it to fit, but it definitely wasn't going to fit on mine. I just bought a $30 garage door opener and stuck it to the visor. Money saved for mods :)

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

I tried the homelink mirror in my '18, and no way it fits. Even out of the car, I couldn't get the plastic cap over the new mirror. Maybe it was just manufacturing tolerances or something about build date, as I saw another 7.5R got it to fit, but it definitely wasn't going to fit on mine. I just bought a $30 garage door opener and stuck it to the visor. Money saved for mods :)

Thank you! The car is awesome! I saw online some people got it to fit on their mk 7.5 R but they never said if it was easy or hard. That’s a shame. I was surprised it didn’t have that feature standard. Might have to get a garage door opener as well haha

civicdrivr

Ready to race!

You probably didn't have the correct mirror then - revision F is the one that works on the 18s. I'm running it in mine. Part number 000-072-548-F.

JS12

Ready to race!
Thank you! The car is awesome! I saw online some people got it to fit on their mk 7.5 R but they never said if it was easy or hard. That’s a shame. I was surprised it didn’t have that feature standard. Might have to get a garage door opener as well haha

Congrats! Looks great. I have the double apex garage switch and am very happy with it if you are interested in going that route.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Congrats! Looks great. I have the double apex garage switch and am very happy with it if you are interested in going that route.

Thanks! Might look into that if I don’t go the homelink mirror

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
what % tint?

Front windshield is 50%, front windshield visor is 5%, all around 35% and the 2 small triangles (one on the passenger side and driver side) are both 5%. Came out great!