GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives 8/1/18 - 9/4/18

BigStogs

My apologies for asking for further clarification. Please tell me if I have this right:

Summer smile gets you $1000 regardless of financing. You get an additional $1000 if you do the 6 years at 2.4% via VW Credit. To get an additional $500 off you finance at 3.4% for 6 years. To get an additional $500 off you finance at 4.4% for 6 years.

So, for example, if I decide to finance at 2.4% for 6 years I receive $2000 of the above possible incentives. If I finance at 4.4% at 6 years I receive $3000 of the above incentives?

A salesman I’m speaking to is telling me there is $1500 difference between the 2.4% and 4.4%, which doesn’t seem right to me based on the info in this thread.

Going with the 4.4% for 72 months will be more expensive in the long run, even with the extra $2,000 in incentives. Will cost around $1700 more after it is paid off compared to the .9% for 60 months. It will lower your monthly payment by about $70 a month. Always take the lower interest rate. It saves you more money and looks better on your credit report.

applesauce2

Passed Driver's Ed
Going with the 4.4% for 72 months will be more expensive in the long run, even with the extra $2,000 in incentives. Will cost around $1700 more after it is paid off compared to the .9% for 60 months. It will lower your monthly payment by about $70 a month. Always take the lower interest rate. It saves you more money and looks better on your credit report.

No doubt, but what I’m actually concerned with is the incentives associated with each rate. I will certainly weigh the 0.9/60 vs. 2.4/72 once I get the final price, as those choices are in the same tier.

cb1111

My apologies for asking for further clarification. Please tell me if I have this right:

Summer smile gets you $1000 regardless of financing. You get an additional $1000 if you do the 6 years at 2.4% via VW Credit. To get an additional $500 off you finance at 3.4% for 6 years. To get an additional $500 off you finance at 4.4% for 6 years.

So, for example, if I decide to finance at 2.4% for 6 years I receive $2000 of the above possible incentives. If I finance at 4.4% at 6 years I receive $3000 of the above incentives?

A salesman I’m speaking to is telling me there is $1500 difference between the 2.4% and 4.4%, which doesn’t seem right to me based on the info in this thread.
Current VW incentives are the $1000 regardless of how you pay.

If you finance, the dealer MAY pass on the following incentives. All of these rates assume excellent credit.

All rates for 5 years

$1000 - .9%
$1500 - 1.9% - Dealer's choice 1
$2000 - 2.9% - Dealer's choice 2

So, for a $35k loan (Autobahn plus taxes and fees), you'll pay:

.9 (34k) $580/month total 34783
1.9 (33.5k) $586/month total $35143
2.9 (33k) $592/month total $35490

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
If you finance, the dealer MAY pass on the following incentives. All of these rates assume excellent credit.

They will, if you ask nicely. In every emailed offer I sent to a dealer, I made it clear that I was aware of the unadvertised dealer cash, I wanted all of it, and if they didn't feel that it was a reasonable offer, no hard feelings and thanks for your time. Every dealer accepted my offer without argument, and the only stipulation on my deal was that I would let them submit the credit application to the CU so they could get the finders fee.

nygiants242

Any thoughts/predictions on Sep incentives? Likely to see another $1k bump? Or on the flipside, perhaps increase in financing rates given rising interest rates?

cb1111

Any thoughts/predictions on Sep incentives? Likely to see another $1k bump? Or on the flipside, perhaps increase in financing rates given rising interest rates?
My gut feeling is that the $1k will go away and everything else stays the same.

This is based on nothing other than the Taco Bell burrito I had for lunch.

Nobody here knows yet what VW will do.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

It's going to depends on a few factors, namely, the remaining production/supply of 2018 GTI, when the 2019s start shipping, overall sales, etc. There are many factors at work that makes it difficult to predict what next month's incentives are going to be, and believe me, we spend a lot of time in my office trying to do just that.

As a general rule, the cash incentives will increase towards the end of a model run, but it's hard to say how high they'll go. I waited until the end of October last year on the basis that the 2018s would arrive imminently, but they didn't appear on dealer lots for another few months. Had I waited, I may have scored another $500 off. BUT, I wanted a Sport, and I knew that waiting too long meant there wouldn't be any left.

As far as special APR is concerned, the prime rate does play a role, but in the end, low APR from a captive finance company is just another incentive. Nissan is still offering 0% for a large portion of their lineup, because NMAC can run at a loss if it means Nissan sells more units. I can't say if VCI will drop the special APR on any vehicles, but I don't think they'll raise it either.

IMMT

So, forgive me as I’ve never bought a new car with incentives.

I was originally going to buy a used 2017 SE, but now I’m thinking it just makes more sense to buy a new 2018. If I can get my local dealership to sell me a brand new SE for under $28,000 and I finance at 0.9%, does that mean I’ll also get an additional $1,000 lopped off the price of the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb1111

So, forgive me as I’ve never bought a new car with incentives.

I was originally going to buy a used 2017 SE, but now I’m thinking it just makes more sense to buy a new 2018. If I can get my local dealership to sell me a brand new SE for under $28,000 and I finance at 0.9%, does that mean I’ll also get an additional $1,000 lopped off the price of the car?

Maybe.

The $1000 is to the dealer as an incentive to get people to finance, but most dealers will pass that on to you.

IMMT

Maybe.

The $1000 is to the dealer as an incentive to get people to finance, but most dealers will pass that on to you.

Ah, okay.

So, essentially, if I’m able to haggle down the car an extra $1,000, it’s because the dealer is passing along the incentive?

If so, that could still work out in my favor if a dealership is willing to drop the price from $28,000 to $27,000 pre-TTL.

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Ah, okay.

So, essentially, if I’m able to haggle down the car an extra $1,000, it’s because the dealer is passing along the incentive?

If so, that could still work out in my favor if a dealership is willing to drop the price from $28,000 to $27,000 pre-TTL.

If their price is $28 and change and they take that $1000 off, I am still looking at another couple to few grand off. Just off the top of my head without looking at what is being paid in the market, I'd be looking at $25 and change starting ground for a $28k car.. Most likely will end up close to 26k if you are persistent enough and stand your ground. I'd start at 25,000-25,300

IMMT

If their price is $28 and change and they take that $1000 off, I am still looking at another couple to few grand off. Just off the top of my head without looking at what is being paid in the market, I'd be looking at $25 and change starting ground for a $28k car.. Most likely will end up close to 26k if you are persistent enough and stand your ground. I'd start at 25,000-25,300

So it’s a 2018 SE with a six-speed and the leather option. Everywhere I looked the MSRPs were mostly all $30,000+.

I was able to get some dealers down below $28,000, and in fact, I might be picking up a brand new one on Friday. Valenti in Waterford, CT said they’d sell me the car for $27,590 and give me the special financing of 0.9%. Based off of the responses I got from VW dealers in CT, MA, and NY; that price is a really good deal for the SE with leather.