GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feeler: '16 GTI S 6M w/ PP & LP - Delaware

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The car: 2016 GTI S, 4-dr, manual, Performance Package, Lighting Package, Plaid cloth seats, Night Blue Metallic, 24,650 miles

The mods:
1. Integrated Engineering intercooler (OE will be included if desired)

2. AWE catted downpipe (OE will be included if desired)

3. AWE Touring (resonated) catback with black tips; I will throw in the AWE Track pipe as well if you want MOAR LOUD (OE exhaust will be included if desired)

4. VWR springs (OE springs will be included if desired)

5. Neuspeed RSe52 machine silver wheels, mounted with Michelin PSS 235/40 ZR18's with a ton of life left >75% tread depth (stock Austins with Potenzas also included if desired)

6. VW OEM rest of world Golf R LED tail lights with rear fog light wired and operational via installed VW OEM euroswitch (OE tail lights included if desired)

7. Helix soundbox, properly coded

8. ECS tuning clutch bleeder block and clutch pedal spring delete

9. 034 dogbone insert

10. 3M Crystalline tint

The story:
I am the original owner with title in hand. The car is in excellent condition inside and out. No accidents, bumps, taps, etc. No dings in the bodywork. Windshield is original and has no chips or cracks. One of the RSe 52s has minor curb rash, other three are perfect. No smoking in the car ever. Regularly detailed with clay bar, Jescar Powerlock Plus, and Collinite 845. Car has never been tuned; absolutely no ECU flash whatsoever and will not throw a TD1 at dealer. I ran JB1 piggyback for about 5,000 miles before deciding it wasn't for me. I then decided to build toward an eventual IS38 set-up, which is why I did the intercooler and DP. AWE DP does not throw a code and does not require a spacer due to its excellent euro-rated catalyst; probably why it costs over $1K. Clutch is still in good shape, though they're a known Mk7 weakness, so if you are going to continue the build, a clutch should be on the path to a tune or big turbo.

SO WHY ARE YOU SELLING?
I'm a hopeless diesel-head. I've owned a 1996 Passat TDI Wagon, a 2006 Golf TDI, and a 2012 Passat TDI. In April 2017, VW got EPA approval to start selling all the impounded brand new TDIs and I bought my 2015 Sportwagen TDI last May at a steep discount. I love the freaking thing. The TDI took over my daily driver and road trip duties and the GTI has only been driven about 5,000 miles in the past year, mostly on weekends. I just don't see a need to hang on to it, sadly.

WHAT'S IT WORTH?
NADA says $19,525 private party
KBB says $19,101 private party
I know mods don't necessarily add value. They certainly mean nothing to a dealer, and actually can hurt the value. Being intellectually honest here though, the particular mods on this car are extremely high quality parts and were installed professionally. I'm also throwing in a summer and all-season set of wheels/tires as well as all the takeoff parts. In total, the mods cost roughly $7K before labor. I am NOT going to price the mods in, but I am also not going to budge much from the above listed figures.

PRICE: So let's call it - $19,500 OBO

If interested, PM an offer quickly, as I already have an appointment scheduled for next Wed and Thurs at Induktion Motorsports in Linthicum MD to take it back to stock and it will go to CarMax and I will sell the mods here.

Pics (crappy ones) from today after work. If you need a specific shot when the sun is back up, let me know:

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Wow what a great car and deal for someone!!!!!! Will he sad to see you sell it sir.

I have been looking the Tdis available for awhile and would love one but I think the wife would possibly kill me lol

GLWS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Wow what a great car and deal for someone!!!!!! Will he sad to see you sell it sir.

I have been looking the Tdis available for awhile and would love one but I think the wife would possibly kill me lol

GLWS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Appreciate the kind words! Yes, I have been on so many model-specific forums over the past 20 years of the internet age, and it's always sad to leave a group.

But then there's always a next group, or you circle back to a previous group! TDIClub must think I'm Michael Corleone as many times as I've come and gone there. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. :p

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Oh, I forgot, I have the OEM aspherical side mirrors, heated. I have the original mirrors too.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie

Nope. I've been busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest the past several weekends and haven't had time to take detailed pictures inside and out and make a proper listing. That'll be next weekend. The car is completely back to stock now. I plan to list on AutoTrader and Cars.com and likely here as well for around $18k. Will also be listing all the takeoff parts. Stay tuned.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Oh man, it's a shame it all had to come off, looked great with those wheels, exhaust and taillights. I might be hitting you up when it all goes on sale. Depending on where in Delaware you are, could be a local sale...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Say it ain't so! :eek:

Yours was a car that I was using as a template for my car's build :cool:

Well I can't say I blame ya. I too miss my diesel badly at times. My screen name was the same on TDI Club I remember you from over there as well :D

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Say it ain't so! :eek:

Yours was a car that I was using as a template for my car's build :cool:

Well I can't say I blame ya. I too miss my diesel badly at times. My screen name was the same on TDI Club I remember you from over there as well :D

I'm an all-diesel fleet again. 3.0 straight six 335d (just did a fly and drive from FL) and 2.0 TDI wagon. Man, it's so hard to get back in the 2.0 after I drive the 3.0 beast.

I was going to post the GTI officially for sale on Friday, but the fuel door actuator went bad and I had to visit the dealer for the first time in the car's history since it left. 1-2 weeks to fix. :mad:

Last edited: