GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fiat Chrysler’s new CEO Mike Manley

Gunter

Passed Driver's Ed
What are you r thoughts on the new CEO? To be honest I’m surprised they’ve lasted this long but at the same glad they have and I really like what mike did for the Jeep brand while he was in charge of it. And look forward to what he does with the rest the company though I don believe we could see a lot of slimming down amongst the other brands.

What do you hope he does or would like to see

Anyone think this May be bad for the company?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I could give a shit about any fiat/chrysler products, so my opinion is: who cares? most lackluster automotive group out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I love the Giulia; it's a beautiful sports sedan. I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2-door version that's been discussed (but only if it's available in AWD, which it probably won't be). Other than that, there's exactly nothing in the FCA lineup that interests me in the slightest.

But the Alfa Romeos are pretty.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I love the Giulia; it's a beautiful sports sedan. I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2-door version that's been discussed (but only if it's available in AWD, which it probably won't be). Other than that, there's exactly nothing in the FCA lineup that interests me in the slightest.

But the Alfa Romeos are pretty.

amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
And now Marchionne is gone. Very sad news. This guy was one of the most interesting and I think most human of the auto execs. Where a lot of them are pretty cold fish money guys, or generic corporate honchos, Sergio was very, well, normal, if really smart, sometimes ruthless, but never heartless.

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If FCA ceased to exist, the world as a whole would be driving less shitty cars. I'll give some level of respect to Jeep. Dodge and Chrysler are an embarrassment to the evolution of quality and reliability in the automotive industry. Fiat has had their head and shoulders completely up their ass over the last 2 years rolling out the Giulia. The Lancia name has been disgraced and for all intents no longer exists. Maserati no longer makes cars that anyone wants to buy or constantly repair. The list goes on.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
FCA is really a bunch of separate entities now, some of which are actually profitable (RAM, Jeep), some of which are so-so (Alfa, as far as I know), and some of which are, um, yeah, like the rest of the bunch. At least in NA. Not sure about ROW. I understand Fiats sell well enough in other places, with more varieties offered than we get here.

The new review of the Stelvio from C&D though points out some of the issues the company has. They're selling cars and SUVs for fifty large with interiors that simultaneously have elements of European luxury cars and bargain-basement Dodges. Add to that the huge question mark of reliability, and no matter how cool the Alfas look and how well they drive, it has to be hard to convince average buyers in that segment to forego a sure thing.