GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When do you expect (a) 2019 GTI order guide and (b) 2019 GTIs to actually it the lots

nygiants242

Curious when we might see the order guide (particularly what might get added to '19 spec, or new colors) and when 2019 models actually hit the lot.

Has VW provided attractive incentives or support in the past for leftover models? Wondering how to time my purchase. I don't need a car until about mid September onwards, so am flexible :)

Thanks for any advice!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
2019 order guide should be out pretty soon. Other than some custom color options (similar to that of Canada) i wouldnt expect a major change as 2018's had a mild refresh. You might always get a better deal on a 2018 once 2019's hit dealer inventory. "Post your deal" thread will give you a better idea of the reported price over time.

JD-1

Ready to race!
I have a feeling the 2018's won't sell as cheap as 2017's did. A lot of 2017's were going for like $21-24k NEW for S and SE's in my state... but they were not the spec I wanted. They also didn't have a 72k mile warranty.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I considered a new 2017 SE that’s still at the local dealership, but figured after an extended warranty to match the ‘18s and changing a few things on the car, it would be close to the cost of a 2018 anyways.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I have a feeling the 2018's won't sell as cheap as 2017's did. A lot of 2017's were going for like $21-24k NEW for S and SE's in my state... but they were not the spec I wanted. They also didn't have a 72k mile warranty.

The pricing on 2017s was largely due to the dealer cash VW was throwing at them, and so far they haven't opened the purse strings on the 2018 models at the same rate. The dealer cash on 2017 GTI eventually went to $4500, but I doubt we'll see the same on the 2018. As you point out, the car comes with twice the warranty as the competition, so they don't need to incentivize it as much.

nygiants242

The pricing on 2017s was largely due to the dealer cash VW was throwing at them, and so far they haven't opened the purse strings on the 2018 models at the same rate. The dealer cash on 2017 GTI eventually went to $4500, but I doubt we'll see the same on the 2018. As you point out, the car comes with twice the warranty as the competition, so they don't need to incentivize it as much.

What months did it reach $4,500? Was it already into the new calendar year? Or still end of '17?

Separately, I'm still really eager to see new guide for maybe any spec/color movements, but I assume it generally will not be a big change from '18.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
What months did it reach $4,500? Was it already into the new calendar year? Or still end of '17?

Separately, I'm still really eager to see new guide for maybe any spec/color movements, but I assume it generally will not be a big change from '18.

It was $4500 from September 2017 - May 2018 (or whenever they stopped supporting the 2017s, can't remember). I bought mine at the end of Oct. But, I wouldn't expect the dealer cash on 2018 to go that high, since they were pumping the cash into 2017 vehicles to get people past the bad image from their TDI shenanigans, and GTI was due for a refresh for 2018.

Speaking of which, I would be genuinely surprised if they changed anything (including color) on 2019, since 2018 was/is a truncated model year for the GTI. Probably for 2020 (or whenever the Mk7.5 run is over) but not in the near future.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Just in case no one has looked (and I’m sure they have), the 19’s Will now have 7 speed DSG, 228 hp, Golf R brakes, locking differential, as well as a rabbit edition. The price will be up, but obviously more will come standard.

I wonder how much the 7 speed DSG will change the performance?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Just in case no one has looked (and I’m sure they have), the 19’s Will now have 7 speed DSG, 228 hp, Golf R brakes, locking differential, as well as a rabbit edition. The price will be up, but obviously more will come standard.

I wonder how much the 7 speed DSG will change the performance?

Yeah, I stand corrected on my previous post; looks like they did make substantial upgrades after all!

The added gear in the DSG will likely result in a small performance improvement, and a larger boost to fuel economy.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I stand corrected on my previous post; looks like they did make substantial upgrades after all!

The added gear in the DSG will likely result in a small performance improvement, and a larger boost to fuel economy.

I’ve already had one mk7 S but since my separation, I now don’t have it. Really, for me the question is to wait on the 19 and pay top dollar for an added gear and a bit of a retune to add 8 hp, or just get an 18 for lower of a price and add leather and a sunroof.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
Will the MY19 US GTIs be fitted with GPFs ? On the ROW Golf R the GPF reduced the power slightly (and obviously made exhaust mods more complex)

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG