GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best coil overs for $1000

Nrappa

Ready to race!
Well the title says it all. I’m looking for a set of coil overs and I don’t want to spend more than $1000, I don’t need anything crazy, I’m looking for looks mostly and some help in AutoX. I’m thinking of Bilstein but I’ve also seen ST and VWR all for around the same price. Any suggestions?

Also anyone try any out MK7 coils on an MK7.5? I’d think they’d fit but I’m by sure (I drive a MK7.5)

Sway bars are next..

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKoehle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Really? Over bilstein? I heard they’re good but is the total ride quality still good?

lol yeah my friends bilstein car rode like shit but my st’s are really comfortable and i’m non-functional low... plus you can get the coilovers and rsb for what the bilsteins cost

Nrappa

Ready to race!
lol yeah my friends bilstein car rode like shit but my st’s are really comfortable and i’m non-functional low... plus you can get the coilovers and rsb for what the bilsteins cost

Interesting [emoji848][emoji848] what Bilsteins did he have?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've got the Bilstein PSS B14 coilovers. Ride isn't harsh at all. Difference in handling is noticeable right away.

copperbricks

Ready to race!
I'm selling a set of KW V1 coilovers with 034 strut top bearings and mounts for $1k. The one thing is I'm missing the rear spring perches and they're on order from germany, so it'd be a couple of weeks.