GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best All Season Tires with Good Traction

akj27

Anyone here have any experience with the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus with the revised compound? Per Tire Rack they seem to be pretty good and sometimes better than the Michelin Pilot Sports...

Also, random question, what size are you all getting with stock wheels? I know recommended is 225/40R18, but has anyone tried going up a couple sizes to either 235 or 245?

mk6-k

Ready to race!
You need another set of wheels, one set for winter(about 2 to 3 months) and one set with summer tires for the rest of the year.

Even though I never will be driving my car in the snow (I can work from home on snow days), still all seasons are best for me. First because of storage for tires since my basement is limited. Second because paying for labor on changing tires twice a year seems a waste of money to me unless you are relatively wealthy. Plus from stuff I have read it seems some of the really high quality all season tires offer close to the performance as summer tires.

Even though its not the best tire for grip, its more bang for your buck considering they last 40-50k miles with nearly as good performance as summer tires which last only half as long for around same price.

With that in mind as any one had any experience with BFGoodrich G Force Comp 2 A/S? They seem to have a pretty aggressive tread pattern similar to a summer tire for a really good price $120. But I am Still leaning towards the Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S since I had good experience with Michelin on my previous car.

Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3+ just purchased from Costco. No more wheel spin.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Im sold. Probably just sell my lightly used Bridgestone's to pay for most of the Michelins. I won't need them. I'm Really stoked to be able to accelerate WOT with our spinning much. Its going to make the car so much faster to be able to put the power down to the road for the full RPM band. The tires are the biggest flaw on this car stock.

Thanks for everyones suggestions. Still alwaya open to others.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Don't forget the Conti DWS06, great tire! Also, the BFG Comp 2 A/S is a good one.

Attachments

• conti-extremecontact-dws06-a1_6832.jpg
    conti-extremecontact-dws06-a1_6832.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 1,720
  • IMG_5393.JPG
    IMG_5393.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,698