GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

MadMen

Ready to race!
Gotta get rid of that boost creep. Keep it in the low 2900s. Then move timing slider up.

Who you callin' a creep?? :D

I'll work it a bit more. Although I fear things will change once the actuator changes.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Spool looks fine to me? I'd leave it alone. Boost is creeping up to 29psi. Loosen up the actuator a bit in the tune (sorry Hoon) and get it to stay down closer to 28 or 28.5 and I bet you can get more timing out of it.

It was spooling at 3400 in 3rd previous to my actuator issues....

But that's exactly what I did. I eased up on the actuator at 6k and above, and took a little airflow torque out up there.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It's creeping in 4th too in the mid 5k range. No point in getting 3rd all sorted then having issues in 4th at the track because boost creeped it's way out to 30psi.

Where are you seeing creep?

That last log he posted had a setpoint of 2950 and a peak of 2985...thats 0.36 psi above target. Pretty normal for it to deviate from target very slightly.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Where are you seeing creep?

That last log he posted had a setpoint of 2950 and a peak of 2985...thats 0.36 psi above target. Pretty normal for it to deviate from target very slightly.

Let's see 4th gear data. I bet it keeps going. And I bet it has all sorts of timing corrections when it does. Low 2900 looks like the sweet spot. Keep it there and see if you can crank up the timing.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Can't do 4th gear around here till midnight :/.

But yes, on the shift to 4th, right as the actual crosses the requested boost, KR. I think that's because of the stiffer spring I put in the DV, but it smoothed out my shifting too, so I'm hard pressed to put the stocker back in.

I'm really starting to see a pattern of KR whenever the actual spikes toward the requested. I'll try again later with another revision to see. Gonna open the gate a bit more at 6k and over to try to keep it below request after the shift.

https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/final-2-28-94?log=0&data=1-19-20-21-22&zoom=59-117&mark=116-110-112

Last edited:

rustinj

What low rail fuel pressure should we be shooting for? Finally got my torquebyte installed, and adjusted the max lpfp duty maps to 95% that were previously 85%, now seeing 8 bar tapering to about 6 bar. Is this in line?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
What low rail fuel pressure should we be shooting for? Finally got my torquebyte installed, and adjusted the max lpfp duty maps to 95% that were previously 85%, now seeing 8 bar tapering to about 6 bar. Is this in line?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
6 is ideal Rustin

MadMen

Ready to race!
Ok. So now I'm trying something crazy. Flashed the Stage 2 loader file and modified the Stage 2 tune to run the 520 turbo. Car runs crazy smooth with this tune, and gas mileage is vastly improved over the stage 3 tune.

However, getting control of the wastegate is a challenge. The actuator setpoint table in S2 is very different than S3. Anyone have any tips?

Log - https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/s2-2-3rd1?log=0&data=1-5-6&zoom=40-104&mark=102

Stage 2

Stage 3

613B6

Ready to race!
Ok. So now I'm trying something crazy. Flashed the Stage 2 loader file and modified the Stage 2 tune to run the 520 turbo. Car runs crazy smooth with this tune, and gas mileage is vastly improved over the stage 3 tune.

However, getting control of the wastegate is a challenge. The actuator setpoint table in S2 is very different than S3. Anyone have any tips?

Log - https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/s2-2-3rd1?log=0&data=1-5-6&zoom=40-104&mark=102

Stage 2

Stage 3

There are a lot of other OEM tables in the stage 1 and 2 files on how the setpoint is referenced (we don't see them in maestro). This is why Chris created the stage 3 files where PID loop references his actuator setpoint map, resulting in perfect boost control no matter what turbo is used.

MadMen

Ready to race!
There are a lot of other OEM tables in the stage 1 and 2 files on how the setpoint is referenced (we don't see them in maestro). This is why Chris created the stage 3 files where PID loop references his actuator setpoint map, resulting in perfect boost control no matter what turbo is used.

Ah - so basically, I'm better off going back to the stage 3 files :D.

MadMen

Ready to race!
So here's a new table found under the fuel settings in the latest Maestro update. Does this control the HPFP or LPFP?