GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
After doing my clutch install, I never re-calibrated the throttle body, which I now understand is something I need to do after having the battery disconnected. I ran it through OBD11 after I ran today's logs. I noticed the tps data maxes out at 80 on today's log. I would expect TPS to show 100:

https://datazap.me/u/perceivedshift...ly-20?log=0&data=2-7-33&solo=1-4&zoom=111-521

Though, my old logs also show a max of 80 which makes me think this is normal.

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
After doing my clutch install, I never re-calibrated the throttle body, which I now understand is something I need to do after having the battery disconnected. I ran it through OBD11 after I ran today's logs. I noticed the tps data maxes out at 80 on today's log. I would expect TPS to show 100:

https://datazap.me/u/perceivedshift...ly-20?log=0&data=2-7-33&solo=1-4&zoom=111-521

Though, my old logs also show a max of 80 which makes me think this is normal.

It’s normal. It’s literally the opening position of the throttle blade, which the ECU puts where it needs for making target torque. 80 is max as designed unless a tuner opens it up a little further, but won’t go to 100%. Accelerator pedal position will read off like the TPS reading you’re expecting.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
You can get a fuel addon with your tune for $75 but usually start with the lower octane tune first. You'll need to do quite a few logs with it. Your best bet would be to do a custom 93 octane tune as your main tune and a OTS/Flash tune for 91 octane. Do you already have an accessport?

Indo already have an accessport. I was planning on getting that $75 add-on to do 91 and 93 unless it would possibly be smarter to do 89 and 93? Not totally sure was gonna talk to the tuner about it possibly unless you have some ideas.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Indo already have an accessport. I was planning on getting that $75 add-on to do 91 and 93 unless it would possibly be smarter to do 89 and 93? Not totally sure was gonna talk to the tuner about it possibly unless you have some ideas.

I would do what marauder suggested. Get an add on for 93 and run an OTS tune for 91.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If i were to get an ots tune what do you think would be better to pair with the 93. 91 or 89(not even sure there's a 89 ots)

I wouldn't bother with 89. Didn't you say that you already have an Access Port?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I wouldn't bother with 89. Didn't you say that you already have an Access Port?

I do. I plan on protuning for 93 at a minumum and i don't wanna use the cobb ots tune since i heard it's not the best so i'd have to find another company that sells premade ots tunes for 91

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I do. I plan on protuning for 93 at a minumum and i don't wanna use the cobb ots tune since i heard it's not the best so i'd have to find another company that sells premade ots tunes for 91

As far as I know you'll only be able to get a pro tune. I could be wrong but I don't think that other companies that use Cobb offer OTS tunes.

tyler2393

Hey guys, so over the weekend I was able to locate some VP x85 (e85) and decided I'd blend some into my 93oct. Running right around an e25 mix and the results are awesome! My normal drive which includes some spirited driving and pulls I would typically see a peak knock retard of about -5 to about -6 on multiple cylinders, On this e blend I'm not getting more than -1.5 and usually just one 1 cylinder. After this tank is gone I will begin my search in finding 93oct that's actually 93 because this high knock has me a tad worried

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've been noticing a lot of knock lately after moiving to NV and going 'stage 2', not sure if it's the new tune, 95+ degree heat, or different gas (still using Shell and Chevron) but I'm seeing -6 on the 1st cyl and -4 on the 4th cyl regularly. Doesn't seem to be happening under WOT so it's hard to capture in a log. Has me a tad worried tho

marauder

Go Kart Newbie
I've been noticing a lot of knock lately after moiving to NV and going 'stage 2', not sure if it's the new tune, 95+ degree heat, or different gas (still using Shell and Chevron) but I'm seeing -6 on the 1st cyl and -4 on the 4th cyl regularly. Doesn't seem to be happening under WOT so it's hard to capture in a log. Has me a tad worried tho

the car is going to pull timing while just driving for all sorts of reasons. if it's not happening at WOT i wouldn't be to worried. You can check your plugs and see if they are gapped properly, or try a different brand of fuel.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Careful Stratified employee/owner/etc.

You're at risk for being banned for providing information and/or services while not being a vendor.

tyler2393

Last edited: