GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 1.6TDI MPG

tom1

Ready to race!
What MPG do you all get on the 1.6? So far for me personally it's not the best and not the worst. I typically get around 45-50mpg, or around 65 in eco mode but as you all know eco mode is sooooooooooo slow that it's only worth while on long moterway trips.

tom1

Ready to race!
How many miles have you done so far? and what is your driving style like? I think I have got bad habits hard wired into me after driving a GTI for 2 years lol. I tend to drive my cars hard which is probs why my mpg aint the best.

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
near 3000 now and it has slightly improved over time, im a little boy racer too lol. I drove 1.8 sport mk5 astra that I drove hard all the time, but as I went for a diseal ive tryed to change that. dont drive her hard unless im on clear roads or motorways, when over taking on country trips or just boared and want a rush. I used to hammer up to reds and round traffic but decided its time for a diseal and try to wise up lol. I dont drive eco friendly or nothing just that im enjoying the mk7 golf that much that im not ina hurry, still give it some here and there.

this is my first diseal and find it good, how many miles have you done? its more then likely coming from a gti that you push her hard too much which does lower your mpg.

Cannondale

Mine has 15k on it now and will easy do 70+mpg on a run and high 50,s around town.

I find the performance no different on eco or sport if you floor it, the only difference I find is the cruise on eco takes you back up to speed steady saving fuel.