GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Pressure Gauges - NOT the junk ones

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Forget digital...what you need is a big diameter dial..they are more accurate as the needle reads over a bigger arc so you can read the setting better...& get one with a bleed valve..

Agreed, particularly if you are planning on tracking your car. I had a digital gauge at my last event, but borrowed a fellow driver's dial gauge and it was much easier to use. The bleeder valve makes it easy to scrub off pressure, and a big dial makes it easy to read.

Edit: Golfs everyday, thanks for the tip on Longacre...The 52-53000 looks great but was a bit more than I wanted to spend, so I went with 52-52001 which I found for $72 on Amazon. More than the Jaco ones I had previously looked at but I am confident the 52001 will be plenty for my needs without worrying about inaccurate readings.

cheers.

Last edited:

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I have a $5 tiny "Slime" brand gauge that I keep in the car. I have a ~ $15 "Tiretek" guage with an extention and release valve for the garage. Both always read the exact same.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Recently bought a Dewalt 20V inflator that tells you the current pressure and lets you set the desired pressure and then it fills the tire until the pressure is achieved. Tested with my Intercomp gauge and the Dewalt is dead on accurate. No need for gas station air pumps anymore.

Damn it, now there's another tool I absolutely have to own.