GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
When you had it coded as highline, you had moving lines but not accurate?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

You'll have the moving guidelines irrespective of whether you tell the car it's highline or lowline; the guidelines are generated by the camera module and injected into the video feed.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Okay. I think I have confused myself. So highline camera will always show moving guidelines, but needs calibration to be accurate.

Lowline camera does not show moving guidelines?

For various parking modes (that you were trying) highline camera and parking sensors are required?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Okay. I think I have confused myself. So highline camera will always show moving guidelines, but needs calibration to be accurate.

Lowline camera does not show moving guidelines?

For various parking modes (that you were trying) highline camera and parking sensors are required?

Correct - a highline camera will always show moving guidelines - if you don't get it calibrated, the guidelines end up pointing up to the sky. It's still somewhat usable but I wouldn't come close to relying on it.

Lowline camera has a static guideline (no need to calibrate) that does not move with the turn of the wheels.

The various parking modes are just a gimmick - all they do is take the camera footage and change it to make it "more usable". I don't believe parking sensors are required for these, but yes, it needs highline.

I'll be honest, after figuring out how to get these modes working I used them only maybe once or twice in the months since. Useless.

ER2RUL

now I have mounted my rvc high and connected the cables. I have coded in vcds as described but can't figure it out because i can't get into 37 navigation in vcds to activate rvc. what should I do

Last edited:

ER2RUL

Stil no video signal :(
Is the connection different in the blue Connector pin 6 and pin 12 for the rvc High version

gtiperf

hello i would have wanted to know if its camera works with the adapters of carsysteme that plugs into the reverse and the central unit on the Facelift model?

5G0827469Q
5G0827459F