GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help with some correction

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
I was gone for two weeks, and while gone the car got a bit crusty due to daily morning fog, etc. even though I washed it the day before I left. I also got a small row of bird crap on the hood.

I took a clean microfiber and clean water and washed off the bird poop to try and avoid staining/etching beyond what may have happened. Somehow there are now scratches along the hood that look terrible. Guessing it's the soft clearcoat everyone's mentioned.

I'm hoping to wash it tomorrow. Is there a particular polish or wax available in most auto stores, Walmart, etc. that should help with the scratches? I have to do it in my driveway so shade is nil and there might be a breeze.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
you could get a bottle of megs ultimate polish and ultimate compound, along with some foam applicators. Try the polish first and if that doesn't take care of it, bump it up to the compound, and make sure you wax or seal again when you're satisfied.

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
you could get a bottle of megs ultimate polish and ultimate compound, along with some foam applicators. Try the polish first and if that doesn't take care of it, bump it up to the compound, and make sure you wax or seal again when you're satisfied.
Thanks. I was thinking of checking if local stores have Meg stuff. I need to get some new overall supplies anyway to try it the two bucket bit. Previous cars seemed to do fine single but I didn't have time to regularly polish or anything and clearcoat was fine. This one might require the time have it or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I would go for the 2nd bucket, they're like 3 bucks at home depot and you use like 2.5 more gallons per wash (I only fill my rinse bucket halfway cause otherwise its overflowing by the time I finish. Also I think grit guards are overrated, just rinse your car well first to knock off any big debris and don't stick your hand all the way to the bottom of the bucket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk