GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning Piano Black Dash Trim

Jozh

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you guys use for cleaning and protecting the Piano Black Trim on the dash around the entertainment head unit etc.

SM075180

Ready to race!
What do you guys use for cleaning and protecting the Piano Black Trim on the dash around the entertainment head unit etc.

I don’t have it in my GTI but on a ‘13 Dodge Dart I used to have I’d stick strips of masking tape to it and peel it up. It seemed to do a decent job avoiding swirls and scratches from using rags and brushes. A good shot of compressed air beforehand probably wouldn’t hurt either. Of course it took a while and had far less surface area than the GTI does...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

First, remove dust with a small fluffy electrostatic duster. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth with softened or distilled water, and gently clean fingerprints and other dirt, and wipe with a clean dry microfiber cloth. Always be as gentle as possible so you avoid scratching it. The best way to care for it in the first place is to never touch the black with your fingers, and cover your face when coughing or sneezing. Then all you need to do is dust. I so wish the R had the full fake carbon fiber trim like the GTI has.

steveaustin

Ready to race!
So if you want to remove any scratches in the Piano Black trim, I use a combination of two products - first use Meguiar's Clear Plastic cleaner 17. Work it on the scratch and wipe off. Then use Meguiars Plastic Polish 10. Your scratches pretty much are invisible and gone. I had a few on my E brake handle and it looks like new now. The stuff is safe and incredible.