GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Wheel Fix/Cleaner?

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Just noticed a little mark on my steering wheel. Anybody have any tips on how to bring the color back without harming the leather anymore?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Depending on what the blemish was caused by, you may need to use a leather rejuvenator type product. I would start with a towel with just warm water to start, add some mild lotion-free hand soap if it doesn't come off.

I use Griot's Leather Care and Leather Care Spray products which I've had great results bringing older leather back to life. I use it more often on my briefs (hand bag for work) vs my car seats, but works great on car stuff too, of course.

SM075180

Ready to race!
The VW branded leather wipes (one came with my car from the dealer) did quite the miracle on my steering wheel when my tint shop gouged it pretty good. Definitely worth a shot and certainly can’t make things worse? I ended up wrapping the damaged portion with the wipe and letting it sit 5-10 minutes before I came back and “buffed” our the biggest offending marks. Best of luck.

https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__/CLEANCLOTH/52130493/5K0860413.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
Thanks for the advice. I tried some interior detail stuff and I think it's a scuff, so unfortunately it doesn't seem to be coming off. It's not really noticeable, most of the time because I have my hand over it. Ha.