GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evry Mod

James_Black

Hi, I just bought a 2015 2.0TDi R-Line DSG. This engine has the CRBC 150bhp instead of the 184 but same engine I believe with a smaller turbo.

I also own a mk4 TDi ARL 150bhp which is waaay quicker than the Mk7 and also much much more economical - go figure. Ive had that for around 15 years and can vouch for its legendary reputation - hence my choice for another Golf 150bhp diesel.

Does anyone here know if you can do a version of the Evry mod on these Common Rail engines? The Evry Mod was a cheap tune up on the PD engines which consisted of a 50p 1K Ohm Resistor which was placed in line with the fuel temp sender. It was a fab mod as it was cheap, gave you just the right amount of boost, improved mpg by about 10% and was instantly reversible.

I never had issues with it.

There were a lot of 'knock-off' versions of this selling on ebay for £10-£100 but all consisted of the 1k ohm resistor.

I have looked whether there are any similar mods for the CR engines but have not found anything.

Also wanting to know if its possible to replace the smaller turbo with one from the 184 TDi - simple bolt off/on?

Let me know if someone has any suggestions.

Thanks.
JB

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
No Evry mod on CR engines. I wasn't aware that you could do an evry on PDs either, thought only on the VE pump engines.

When I was younger and a little less mature, I would have really loved to have an Evry smoke screen button on my dash. Didn't think it was possible.