GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

April GTI Incentives

dddp2

Is this the out the door price after taxes and fees? Or prior to that?

yeah so that's pre tax tags license. So far shopping around my quote has been a positive experience. I just had a dealership offer an extended warranty, car washes and to match the offer. I am still waiting on another two. I do recommend making a spreadsheet because each dealership tends to send you 3-4 emails and 2 calls a day, each from a different person.

Declio

yeah so that's pre tax tags license. So far shopping around my quote has been a positive experience. I just had a dealership offer an extended warranty, car washes and to match the offer. I am still waiting on another two. I do recommend making a spreadsheet because each dealership tends to send you 3-4 emails and 2 calls a day, each from a different person.

Agree--to me, it's part of the fun of shopping for a new car. I had great experiences and results doing this with my last two vehicles (2011 WRX and a 2015 m235i).

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Shane Anigans - many thanks - these incentive threads are incredibly helpful!

Glad I can help! I expect VW will release holiday bonus cash on all models, probably a 3-7 days before Memorial day, which will probably be another $500 good with any purchase/lease. I'll post it here once I receive documentation.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Is that MF of .00001 correct for 2017 GTI leases? So, if a dealer just quoted me a MF of .00051 they are marking it up .00050 on their end?

I'd have to double-check, but yes I believe the MF for Tier 1 is .00001. I believe they are allowed to pad it, or VCI hasn't approved your financing at Tier 1.

hooligan74

Ready to race!
I'd have to double-check, but yes I believe the MF for Tier 1 is .00001. I believe they are allowed to pad it, or VCI hasn't approved your financing at Tier 1.

They hadn't even run my credit, yet. I told them it was ~750, though. We qualified for Tier 1 for my wife's BMW X3 a few months ago, so....

Thanks for the help, Shane!

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
They hadn't even run my credit, yet. I told them it was ~750, though. We qualified for Tier 1 for my wife's BMW X3 a few months ago, so....

Sorry for the delay, just got a chance to double-check. Tier 1-2 factor is 0.00001 for 12-36mo leases, 0.00051 for 37-48mo. So either they were quoting the longer-term money factor, or they're indeed padding. The bumps for lower credit tiers do not match what they told you.

Wolfman1265

So I am a little confused with all of the jargain.

I am seeing 2018 gti s listed as low as 20,800. The MSRP is around 27k+.

How are they getting it that low with only my18 $1000?

How can I use this huge price cut toy advantage at local dealers when they are listing msrp Only?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

How can I use this huge price cut toy advantage at local dealers when they are listing msrp Only?

They are including every rebate/discount possible stacked. Typically divide that in half would give you realistic selling price. VW dealers in certain markets use click bait marketing.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG

The cash amounts are what VW/VCI is offering as incentives. The dealer is free to sell the vehicle for whatever price they choose, which means they can advertise a price that is invoice, minus the $1000, and keep only their volume bonus plus whatever stair-step cash they get for meeting their sales targets (I don't have access to everything, unfortunately). They'll still make a reasonable profit based on that, plus whatever additional extended warranties, finance products, service contracts, and the kickbacks they get from VCI or whatever bank for arranging the financing. Also, as Oldschoolmk7 points out, the fine print on the website may also have loyalty/military/college/diplomat/supplier and whatever other programs they could possibly stack together, even though barely anyone would be eligible for all of those programs simultaneously. There's a Chrysler dealer in Southeast MI that regularly advertises Ram 1500 or Grand Cherokee leases in the $150-$250 range with less than $1000 down, IF you're an FCA employee and a returning lessee. Add $1000 to the down payment for each of those criteria that you don't meet. Technically, it's not false advertising.

Post the link here and I'll have a look.

cb1111

It looks like the only Meorial Day incentives for VW are an additional $500 military/first responder dollars for a total of $1000 for military/first responders

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
It looks like the only Meorial Day incentives for VW are an additional $500 military/first responder dollars for a total of $1000 for military/first responders

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that they didn't do a "$500 bonus cash on everything" program, but maybe they are trying to scale back the incentive cash as a way of enhancing the perceived value of the brand.