GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts and ???

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm looking for a certified GTI. I was looking for a new Sport, but I think I waited too long. So I was wondering about this one.

https://www.lhmvw.com/certified/Volkswagen/2016-Volkswagen-Golf+GTI--e555dacd0a0e0adf4d75c021c24bcfe0.htm

This one would have the VAQ diff wouldn't it? I'd like to hit some local track days and time attack days (very low key ones). I'm sure it has the larger brakes, but my buddy who recently bought a GTI thinks I should get the VAQ diff for sure.

Thoughts? I'd appreciate it. Just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

And yes, I'll make them lower that price.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m sure you can still find a new ‘17 sport on the lot, I personally wouldn’t want an Autobahn because sunroof issues are common.

I also don’t really care for leather, but that’s just a personal preference

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys. I appreciate that kind of info. Especially about the sunroof. This will be a third car since my f350 dually is a pain as a daily driver. The leather might be better for the kiddo, but I really do like the plaid.

There literally isn't a Sport in Colorado. I can always fly and drive, but it seems like they were cheaper in December, so that's kinda why I was thinking I missed out. I should probably keep this under $24,000.

It might be better to wait for a used Sport.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thanks. I can't even get those people at Strong VW to answer a call or email. So frankly, they can suck it. I'll look at the other dealership.

Heading out to test drive the one I linked above. I'd think $22k would be a good price???

Thats bad customer care.

Based on your previous post looks like the final price is around $23,000 + TTL. I think $22,000 + TTL will be a good deal.

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, they got back to me and took $22,000 plus TTL. I just got home with her. I am quite happy with the car. I had my son with me, so I had to behave. I'm looking forward to driving it to work tomorrow. I'll get a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Thanks for everyones help.

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
Well, they got back to me and took $22,000 plus TTL. I just got home with her. I am quite happy with the car. I had my son with me, so I had to behave. I'm looking forward to driving it to work tomorrow. I'll get a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Thanks for everyones help.

Congrats, which dealer?

adam1991

Banned
It's a business negotiation. There's no room for emotion in a business negotiation. You want what you want; they want what they want. You might get a win/win, or you each might have to compromise.

But you weren't being an "ass" about the price, any more than they were. It's business. Pure and simple.

(It's when people allow emotion to take hold that they lose sight of getting what they want, and Vinny the white belt car salesman wins...)