GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alright, when will MK 7 really be stateside?!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Initial reports pegged the arrival date at Q3 2013 for a 2014 model.

Now reports are stating that nothing will happen until 2014 and they may be made in Mexico (which honestly makes more sense than shipping them across the sea).

Anything more firm than that? Not sure I would want to wait 2 more years…

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nope. you know what we know so far.

Citrus1

Iv been waiting on the samething man. Im wondering or not to buy a mk6 now or wait for the mk7. I can't wait 2 years haha

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Nope. you know what we know so far.

:( bummer... It would be pretty sad if we get the MK VI for another year while the rest of the world gets the 7 as soon as this year.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Been contemplating on moving to Europe :D They get all the nice cars

Sadly they also pay double what we pay here for the cars and then for the subsequent fuel. So its not all bad :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
:( bummer... It would be pretty sad if we get the MK VI for another year while the rest of the world gets the 7 as soon as this year.

That's how they've been doing it since as long as I remember. MKV was a 2005.5 model (2006 in NA). MKVI was a 2009 model (2010 in NA). MKVI is a 2013 model (2014 for NA)

Becks

Ready to race!
Well, At least we can hope they get any of the kinks in the armor worked out b4 it arrives state side. Only bright side to the situation I can see.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Initial reports pegged the arrival date at Q3 2013 for a 2014 model.

Now reports are stating that nothing will happen until 2014 and they may be made in Mexico (which honestly makes more sense than shipping them across the sea).

Anything more firm than that? Not sure I would want to wait 2 more years…

It would not be two more years though, right? The MY2014 will be available for purchase in the fall of 2013, right? Maybe slightly later as they get everything set up, by I am thinking its basically 12-15 months from now.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It would not be two more years though, right? The MY2014 will be available for purchase in the fall of 2013, right? Maybe slightly later as they get everything set up, by I am thinking its basically 12-15 months from now.

That's the impression that I was getting.
If so, my lease will be up next Dec. and I'd be able to get into one.

If not, if they mean one additonal year, then I'll look into purchasing my 6.

Citrus1

That's the impression that I was getting.
If so, my lease will be up next Dec. and I'd be able to get into one.

If not, if they mean one additonal year, then I'll look into purchasing my 6.

If its 2 years from now (fall 2014) then going to purchase my mk6 as well. I can wait a year but not 2

DAS_STIG

Banned
my guess is available late fall - early winter 2013 as a 2014 MY.

Vwfreak1

Go Kart Champion
I miss my MK6 since I sold it back in May, I'm currently in a lease takeover (Jetta MK5) that ends December 2013. I'm contemplating going back with a MK6 for a few reasons; low interest rates, easier negotiating, little quirks have been taken care of, etc... But another side of me kinda wants the MK7, it's growing on me but I'm still not sure about the GTI, I saw the Golf with the "body kit" and it does look good! Add a slight drop to it and it would make a awesome daily driver. I'll probably flip a coin when the time comes, we shall see.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

If its 2 years from now (fall 2014) then going to purchase my mk6 as well. I can wait a year but not 2
Well that's why I made this thread. Initial reports pegged it at fall 2013 as a 2014 model.

Yet the more recent reports suggest that they don't even have a build location set for the North American Golfs. So it may be well in 2014 that we will finally see one.