Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Remember for guys heading to the Sunday show that 1st Ave is closed for a good chunk and as of today Lougheed is down to one lane each way right around Open Road VW.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
If anyone is going post up if E-Acca is doing a promo code like last year ;)

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
For those who couldnt make it out, here are some pictures I took at the Super Summer Classic@ OpenRoadVW

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Anyone local have a recommendation for an exhaust shop? Thinking of ordering a Clubsport S rear exhaust section for my mk7.5 and would need the exit pipes spaced out a little to fit the rear valance. The picture below gives an idea of what I'm talking about. Anyone recommend a shop that could do the work for a reasonable price?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I’m formulating plans to have the HPA hybrid in my R, but first, the clutch. HPA carries Spec and reviews say they suck.

Where in the Lower Mainland did you get your clutch from and what did you get?
*research has lead me to the Southbend Stage 3 Endurance.

Thanks for the advice.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I’m formulating plans to have the HPA hybrid in my R, but first, the clutch. HPA carries Spec and reviews say they suck.

Where in the Lower Mainland did you get your clutch from and what did you get?
*research has lead me to the Southbend Stage 3 Endurance.

Thanks for the advice.

I got my SB stage 2 daily from RPI Equipped and installed there too (they can order the whole range of SB clutches afaik). It's holding up perfectly fine with HPA's IS38 hybrid too even after some track days and 1.5yr of stage 2.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I got my SB stage 2 daily from RPI Equipped and installed there too (they can order the whole range of SB clutches afaik). It's holding up perfectly fine with HPA's IS38 hybrid too even after some track days and 1.5yr of stage 2.

What tune are you running with the HPA IS38 Hybrid and how much power is it making?

Also.. RPI Equipped "R" Wagon is sick :D

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
What tune are you running with the HPA IS38 Hybrid and how much power is it making?

Also.. RPI Equipped "R" Wagon is sick :D

Using HPA's tune. Makes 392HP on US92 with a lot of head room if you wanna build the engine.

For Golf R's, their tune makes up to 450HP though.

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Using HPA's tune. Makes 392HP on US92 with a lot of head room if you wanna build the engine.

For Golf R's, their tune makes up to 450HP though.

I just noticed your sig! Quite amazing! Have they been able to unlock LFB? Last time I asked Darryl about it, they hadn’t at that point.

Did you also need upgraded fueling components?

Hows the chatter on the SB Stage 2 Daily?

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I just noticed your sig! Quite amazing! Have they been able to unlock LFB? Last time I asked Darryl about it, they hadn’t at that point.

Did you also need upgraded fueling components?

Hows the chatter on the SB Stage 2 Daily?

Fueling and block are stock, haven't needed to upgrade... yet :)

Good question, not a skill I've put to practice (shameful I know) so can't say.

Feel free to message me, happy to talk.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Insane... how's the spool compared to the standard IS38?
I don't have a reference point, came from a GTI and came from is20.

Boost comes on much later compared to the is20 but is expected. Their product page has the dyno sheet of you want to take a look.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

deadlly4

Hey I'm from Surrey here, I picked up a black 2018 Trendline a few weeks ago, I've always wanted a Golf, GTI and R were out of the question at the time but I'll definitely be looking to get one at some point. I'm looking for any upkeep tips or mods I can do to my little base car. I am still relatively new to owning a car so I want to make sure I know the right stuff to take care of my car.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hey I'm from Surrey here, I picked up a black 2018 Trendline a few weeks ago, I've always wanted a Golf, GTI and R were out of the question at the time but I'll definitely be looking to get one at some point. I'm looking for any upkeep tips or mods I can do to my little base car. I am still relatively new to owning a car so I want to make sure I know the right stuff to take care of my car.

Mods I would recommend but aren't totally necessary:

Various VCDS/OBD11 Modifications (Remote windows, disabling seatbelt chime, etc.)

If you want more power look into a Burger Tuning JB1/JB4 piggyback for power increases of up to 35whp and 45wtq. http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_volkswagen_Group3_JB1_tuner.html

DG Springs (OEM VW accessory) to lower your car from 1-1.25inches

Happy modding and welcome to the VW family!