GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

500-600 bhp IS38 Upgrade Turbo Hybrid MK7 7.5 VII R GTI LM575 LM500 LM440

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
same here curious about this turbo. Looks like UM can tune it for us. but do not know what that entails exactly. How long, what do they need to do exactly, etc etc

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
diggs, i get that but what actually has to be done by them and how long? i have to spell out every question for them to answer just one. figured folks here know more. basically i'm looking at it this way. i buy the turbo, install it myself, bring (hope it will be driveable if i stay off of boost) to the nearest UM dealer, and they flash, and perhaps take it out for logging runs and everything done in an hour or few hours. or is it more involved like have to leave the car for a whole day or days and they have to go on a dyno, etc etc, looking at 2 things here really, 1. the time that i do not have the car 2. the costs involved besides the actual turbo.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
diggs, i get that but what actually has to be done by them and how long? i have to spell out every question for them to answer just one. figured folks here know more. basically i'm looking at it this way. i buy the turbo, install it myself, bring (hope it will be driveable if i stay off of boost) to the nearest UM dealer, and they flash, and perhaps take it out for logging runs and everything done in an hour or few hours. or is it more involved like have to leave the car for a whole day or days and they have to go on a dyno, etc etc, looking at 2 things here really, 1. the time that i do not have the car 2. the costs involved besides the actual turbo.

If they have never tuned for that turbo before it might take some extra time. I would talk to them and ask for recommedations.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Diggs, is this LM440 the best so far for fun not records? My tuner uses UM, so that’s what I’d do (TT, GTI 220hp)

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I’m getting a jump on my 11/22 end of CPO warranty.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
So is there a US distributor?

No US distributer. I tried to get one of these. If you get it direct from the manufacturer they are considerably more money than getting it from another company that tunes them but the company that tunes them only takes bank to bank transfer as payment, no credit cards, no debit cards and no PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
No US distributer. I tried to get one of these. If you get it direct from the manufacturer they are considerably more money than getting it from another company that tunes them but the company that tunes them only takes bank to bank transfer as payment, no credit cards, no debit cards and no PayPal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck on customer service as well with something like this!