GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing interior panels

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
So over the last few weeks my Golf R has been making a banging/rattling noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car, it does this even going over tiny cracks in the pavement. Oddly enough, larger bumps don't always cause it to happen. It's definitely coming from the interior, not under the car.

It's gotten much louder over the last day or so, so I had a buddy ride in the back of the car to see if he could tell where it was coming from. He was able to hear it coming from behind the panel in this picture: 20180817_134042-scaled down.jpg

He could also feel something rattling around behind that panel, so we're pretty confident that's the source of the problem.

Anyone know what's behind that panel? Anyone know how to get it off so I can look? I don't want to break any plastic clips or something and make it impossible to put back together.

The car is due for the 30k service anyways so I may just have the dealer figure it out while it's there, but if that panel is easy to get off I'd rather fix it myself.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
metal clip got loose .. start from the trunk area .. and see where it rattles exactly