GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven All Wheel Control [haldex] - something went wrong

R@dek

Dears,

After running OBD PRO and opening control unit ALL Wheel Control I cannot do anything beyond checking info about my haldex.

I cannot open adaptation, make an outpost test, etc. as I am receiving communicate "Something went wrong, Try again.

Do you have any ideas what is the reason? Is it Haldex controller issue?

When I was using launch control I received error:

C111307 - All Wheel Drive (AWD) mechanical malfunction

R@dek

Yes, I had a race with the Golf R MK7 about 370PS, mine has 380PS. I lost due to sliding front wheels ... after that I made scan with result:

xheartcoreboyx1

I had the same problem and dealer fixed it with simple software reset

R@dek

OK, I delete my account and clear cache on OBDeleven, it's working! I have access to AWD control, I exchange oil in Haldex and check the pump - it's working.

I made a test of launch control and error appears again:

Do you have any idea?

R@dek

Yes, I clean the screen - the oil was really dirty. Can I make any test of Haldex to check what is the problem now?

liljonny16

Ready to race!
I don't think so. But maybe someone else can chime in with their thoughts. People are just now starting to be outside of their warranty and having to deal with this issue on their own. Based on people's past posting, the dealership would always replace the entire rear differential whenever they received the C111307 - All Wheel Drive (AWD) mechanical malfunction.

But based on some recent post by people it's either your Haldex Controller or the Clutch. You can buy a used Haldex Controller relatively cheap, part #0CQ907554D with revisions being 0CQ907554H and 0CQ907554J.

The clutch part number is 0CQ-525-554-T. That's the newest revision.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Yes, I clean the screen - the oil was really dirty. Can I make any test of Haldex to check what is the problem now?

I'm not sure what test can be done with OBDeleven but with VCDS, there are output and basic settings test you do to see if the pump is working. But if your car is like mine, you will hear the pump working during tests but in actual usage, it wasn't working properly due to a controller issue.

I would start with replacing the pump as that is more common to fail but if that doesn't fix it, try another controller

PS If you want to try another pump, I have a spare that I can sell you if you want to go that route

R@dek

Liljonny16 thank you, I will do so! I will start from the controller and then try with clutch or the entire rear differential as it's more available on Polish market than clutch.

R@dek

Dears,

I repaired my Haldex, I bought whole used one differential with 10k mileage and I exchanged only controller, I made the test - It's working! I change XDS setup to strong via OBDeleven, it's completely different car! Thank you to all of you for help! Still I have whole differential for exchange but I hope nothing will happen!

Regards,
Radek

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
What's more common with these, controller or pump failure? I just checked my car for any codes and found the following:

C111307 - All Wheel Drive mechanical malfunction