Mabotech 480 vs boss 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Thanks

Btw just talked to Frank an hour ago he said the M480 turbo is $2950+1000 USD for Maestro and 2 custom fuel maps. It's a full frame cast(not hybrid) ceramic dual ball bearing turbo NOT journal bearing. Billet compressor, Inconel turbine, High strength nickel based-superalloy housing. Now the the higher up M680 M750 are inconel housing. All turbos are direct bolt-on and get rid of the need of a TMD. Now the CHRA is actually said to be stronger than GTX. If you know Iroz they have a shop cart filled with a lot of GTX center cores.

So it's cheaper than CTS BOSS kit even when they are on sale, better quality casting, better aero wheels, better service and if you buy parts from Frank he does a bundle discount and for future purchases gives up to 15-20% off.

then i guess he should update his site because that's not what it says. also, if the chra is "stronger" than a gtx then he shouldn't be afraid to say who makes it.
At the end of the day it is still an unknown branded turbo. I have been running garrett turbos for almost 20 years and have never had an issue, hence why i chose a garrett based turbo for my car.
Also, if the gtx cores are sooooo bad then how come i can't find thread after thread of people complaing about them? Wanna see a turbo with a problem, find a precision thread about their journal bearing failures from a few years back.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Wow just had to reread this and I'm in disbelief that you go to any lengths to try to put Frank down and prop yourself up. Way to Go Matt! You surely outdone yourself.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

When you personally make it your mission to try and destroy others who have done nothing to wrong you (you have done to me and others who don't agree with you), don't act surprised when people get fed up.

All that being said, I don't think Franks turbos are bad. All my point was is that when you can get a genuine garrett for the same cost, it didn't make sense to me to go with an unknown brand. His m560is put down good numbers, i'm sure they'll make good power and they "look" to be well designed.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I've seen lots of the issues cleared up. Including the so called scam for the cable. One person looks like they are being respectful and taking the higher ground, the other looks really shitty. If you truly want to make a name for yourself as a tuner, quit with the bashing of others and just let your reputation do the talking. I've spoken with both parties and one I now consider a friend. The other one lost me after two conversations because of his arrogance. I would sooner learn maestro myself then let him touch it. Now let's get back to what the post was about instead of the witch hunt. If you truly want to kok become a known tuner, put this much effort into learning and growing. One thing you will find out in life is no matter how long you continue to do your trade, you will always be able to learn more from someone else. Lose the chip, humble yourself a bit, and let the business grow by your work, not your words.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
then i guess he should update his site because that's not what it says. also, if the chra is "stronger" than a gtx then he shouldn't be afraid to say who makes it.
At the end of the day it is still an unknown branded turbo. I have been running garrett turbos for almost 20 years and have never had an issue, hence why i chose a garrett based turbo for my car.
Also, if the gtx cores are sooooo bad then how come i can't find thread after thread of people complaing about them? Wanna see a turbo with a problem, find a precision thread about their journal bearing failures from a few years back.

He didn't say the gtx core was bad, he was saying that if the chra is stronger than a gtx, then it is a really good frame. He mentioned that IROZ has them showing how well they are liked. At least that is how I read it

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Agreed if the website is outdated. I don't know what's on it just passing along direct info told about pricing. That's why you do business and reach out to someone instead if assuming.

Jon, Ed, Hank, Jeff etc do not prefer GTX but it's a standard in industry due to net profit gains. Borg Warner, Xona, or custom new tech cores superior but less net profit. Not gonna lie I'm a huge fan of the new G-Series. G25-550 and G25-660 which is what Frank, Xona, BW EFR are already doing.

Also a business doesn't stay successful giving up there trade contacts and secrets. So you got to understand him not giving his sources. They are not from China if that's what you want to know.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
lol just go to Mamba turbos website. That is Frank's turbos.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Agreed if the website is outdated. I don't know what's on it just passing along direct info told about pricing. That's why you do business and reach out to someone instead if assuming.

Jon, Ed, Hank, Jeff etc do not prefer GTX but it's a standard in industry due to net profit gains. Borg Warner, Xona, or custom new tech cores superior but less net profit. Not gonna lie I'm a huge fan of the new G-Series. G25-550 and G25-660 which is what Frank, Xona, BW EFR are already doing.

Also a business doesn't stay successful giving up there trade contacts and secrets. So you got to understand him not giving his sources. They are not from China if that's what you want to know.

i think a "successful" business would not have the wrong pricing on their site, even if it is a test site, and telling people who makes your product, if it's a solid reputable company, would also be good for business.

The other brands you mentioned are also amazing turbos and i would take an efr anyday but the are also more money ( for a better product) and we all know that 99% of people on here buy their turbo based on cost. That is one of the main reason garrett has the market share, i good product at a good price.
Remember too that other hybrid turbos for our platform have come out and said where they are made and others have not, i respect them for that, not hiding were they manufactured. Chances are it's china,taiwan or mexico so just come out and say it.

also, how can you know the chra is stronger if you (we, the consumers) have no idea where it's made.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
He didn't say the gtx core was bad, he was saying that if the chra is stronger than a gtx, then it is a really good frame. He mentioned that IROZ has them showing how well they are liked. At least that is how I read it

how do YOU know it's stronger if you don't know anything about it other than it is from MAbo?

My point is , if it is such a great product don't be scared to let the customer know the details.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
yet another thing i'd like to mention is data
where is the data on all these hybrid turbo. flow charts,ar,wheel sizes etc.
any name brand kit (garrett,BW,xona etc) will have flow charts not guesses or claims based on dyno tunes.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
how do YOU know it's stronger if you don't know anything about it other than it is from MAbo?

My point is , if it is such a great product don't be scared to let the customer know the details.

I didn't say that. I said if. I'm telling you how I read what was written. I'm not looking for arguments like others. In in for more info as well. Just like no one said the gtx was bad, but somehow you read it that way. So if the turbo is stronger or even as strong, isn't that good for our platform?

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I didn't say that. I said if. I'm telling you how I read what was written. I'm not looking for arguments like others. In in for more info as well. Just like no one said the gtx was bad, but somehow you read it that way. So if the turbo is stronger or even as strong, isn't that good for our platform?

someone saying a place has a shop cart full of gtx turbos. What do you infer from this, that he is going to the supermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.