GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mabotech 480 vs boss 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Well I'm not on FB, but I have a few friends that run his turbo and custom tunes and love him

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Well I'm not on FB, but I have a few friends that run his turbo and custom tunes and love him

I’m running Frank’s e60 tune on my is20 and it’s amazing. The dude works so many hours and I was literally getting feedback on my logs within minutes of sending them (7 days a week). His responsiveness and customer service in my experience is second to none and my car is running stronger than ever! I’m definitely a Mabotech fan!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
While some guys have a dislike for Frank, I have had the complete opposite experience. I have a fwd sportwagen that didn't have a platform for custom tuning. Frank has gone out of his way to talk to me or message me about things I either had questions on or needed help with. When speaking with him you could really tell his passion for what he does and dedication to this platform. The guy called me to talk with nothing to gain from me. Others were not so helpful. One of the above posters pretty much shit on what I was doing. Arrogance for a rookie doesn't work well for me. A veteran being humble goes a lot further. While some have some issues with him, you can not take away his dedication he has to helping others. It's pretty shifty for some to make statements on heresay or to put down someone who is your competitor. There are plenty of options for guys to choose from. If you are not happy with something someone offers, there is no need to talk shit about it. Just buy what makes you happy and move along.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
There is so much crap in this thread I don't even know where to begin. So I'm just going to start out first with anyone reading this thread should ignore anything negative things be said about Frank. Most of the hate, misinformation, disinformation will come from wy2sl0 Matt and his partner in crime Dvb2 Daniel and their camp/buddies.

Crxgator Garetto mentions he supports Matt he is happy with him, and not going to defend Frank. That's great he is happy, I have no issue with him but he does not have business relations with Mabotech and should not be batting for Matt. Nor people like him.

Nobody here thus far has any experience with any of Mabotechs custom cast bolt-on ceramic ball bearing turbos. Nobody here has the processes of how they are built. Jay745 mentioned Bicooler issues, my friend had similar issues on early batch too and you seem a bit more upset than he but I would expect a Moderator to handle personal business dealings privately and not air it on the forums they mod on. Also have you really tried to make things whole with Frank? Mistakes happen and you need to give company's time to fix.

Now reason why FB posts are deleted is not to protect Frank but keep the integrity of the group as a whole. Dvb2 is banned from sales on that main MQB group(not to mention BMW groups/forums) so when people push his junk it gets deleted, wy2sl0 is not a tuner in general nor an approved tuner in that group so he can't push his agenda. So all their buddies come in and crap it up and so things are deleted. Also Frank is not banned from doing business in the main MQB group, that means he is running business right, taking care of people if things mess up and he is not scamming people. He does not fight with other vendors either.

The "Florida ban" (according to wy2sl0) makes no sense, Frank has customers there and a shop that is his dealer for Mabotech. Now wy2sl0's friend Luis in Florida works with a local shop that is not a Mabotech dealer but a competitor and you can see where this is going, wy2sl0 "tooned" Luis car as well and so they both spreading lies about Frank for their own gang.

Lastly I'm with 5150, not Mabotech, BUT I respect Frank. I talk to Frank on a weekly basis. Ask Jon @ 5150, Ed @ Equilibrium, who by the way are both his competitors in tuning and turbo manufacturing on this platform what they think of him. Again they are direct competitors, so ask them what they think of Frank. That will clear up this whole thread if nothing I said above doesn't.

This comments are just ridiculous. No truer phrase is: when everyone is hating you that just means you're doing things right. He is a nice guy and his real competitors who own shops don't even hate him. It's really easy for me to not like you, most of you know this about me, he's not bad.

Last edited:

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
While some guys have a dislike for Frank, I have had the complete opposite experience. I have a fwd sportwagen that didn't have a platform for custom tuning. Frank has gone out of his way to talk to me or message me about things I either had questions on or needed help with. When speaking with him you could really tell his passion for what he does and dedication to this platform. The guy called me to talk with nothing to gain from me. Others were not so helpful. One of the above posters pretty much shit on what I was doing. Arrogance for a rookie doesn't work well for me. A veteran being humble goes a lot further. While some have some issues with him, you can not take away his dedication he has to helping others. It's pretty shifty for some to make statements on heresay or to put down someone who is your competitor. There are plenty of options for guys to choose from. If you are not happy with something someone offers, there is no need to talk shit about it. Just buy what makes you happy and move along.

You are just so much better at getting the point across than me, hats off to you sir, done so eloquently.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I love you Nelson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
There is so much crap in this thread I don't even know where to begin. So I'm just going to start out first with anyone reading this thread should ignore anything negative things be said about Frank. Most of the hate, misinformation, disinformation will come from wy2sl0 Matt and his partner in crime Dvb2 Daniel and their camp/buddies.

Crxgator Garetto mentions he supports Matt he is happy with him, and not going to defend Frank. That's great he is happy, I have no issue with him but he does not have business relations with Mabotech and should not be batting for Matt. Nor people like him.

Nobody here thus far has any experience with any of Mabotechs custom cast bolt-on ceramic ball bearing turbos. Nobody here has the processes of how they are built. Jay745 mentioned Bicooler issues, my friend had similar issues on early batch too and you seem a bit more upset than he but I would expect a Moderator to handle personal business dealings privately and not air it on the forums they mod on. Also have you really tried to make things whole with Frank? Mistakes happen and you need to give company's time to fix.

Now reason why FB posts are deleted is not to protect Frank but keep the integrity of the group as a whole. Dvb2 is banned from sales on that main MQB group(not to mention BMW groups/forums) so when people push his junk it gets deleted, wy2sl0 is not a tuner in general nor an approved tuner in that group so he can't push his agenda. So all their buddies come in and crap it up and so things are deleted. Also Frank is not banned from doing business in the main MQB group, that means he is running business right, taking care of people if things mess up and he is not scamming people. He does not fight with other vendors either.

The "Florida ban" (according to wy2sl0) makes no sense, Frank has customers there and a shop that is his dealer for Mabotech. Now wy2sl0's friend Luis in Florida works with a local shop that is not a Mabotech dealer but a competitor and you can see where this is going, wy2sl0 "tooned" Luis car as well and so they both spreading lies about Frank for their own gang.

Lastly I'm with 5150, not Mabotech, BUT I respect Frank. I talk to Frank on a weekly basis. Ask Jon @ 5150, Ed @ Equilibrium, who by the way are both his competitors in tuning and turbo manufacturing on this platform what they think of him. Again they are direct competitors, so ask them what they think of Frank. That will clear up this whole thread if nothing I said above doesn't.

This comments are just ridiculous. No truer phrase is: when everyone is hating you that just means you're doing things right. He is a nice guy and his real competitors who own shops don't even hate him. It's really easy for me to not like you, most of you know this about me, he's not bad.

Wow - well said my friend!

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
You don’t need either, they just want to sell them to you

For what it’s worth Boss 500 is my recommendation, although I’ll probably never go BT

Why not? You still on IS20?

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Wow - well said my friend!

Thanks

Btw just talked to Frank an hour ago he said the M480 turbo is $2950+1000 USD for Maestro and 2 custom fuel maps. It's a full frame cast(not hybrid) ceramic dual ball bearing turbo NOT journal bearing. Billet compressor, Inconel turbine, High strength nickel based-superalloy housing. Now the the higher up M680 M750 are inconel housing. All turbos are direct bolt-on and get rid of the need of a TMD. Now the CHRA is actually said to be stronger than GTX. If you know Iroz they have a shop cart filled with a lot of GTX center cores.

So it's cheaper than CTS BOSS kit even when they are on sale, better quality casting, better aero wheels, better service and if you buy parts from Frank he does a bundle discount and for future purchases gives up to 15-20% off.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Why not? You still on IS20?

Main two reasons are I’m APR tuned and don’t wanna just flush that $1000 by switching to another tuner and the wife isn’t on board.

If it was a weekend car she wouldn’t care about going big turbo, but it’s my daily and can’t be down. I plan on keeping it indefinitely as a daily so eventually the is20 will die and I’ll probably slap an is38 on in its place.

I’d love to do a BT, but I have other projects in mind rather than focus all of my attention on the mk7. As it sits FOB stage 2 it’s a amazing daily and tons of fun. Traps 111 mph and still gets 30+ mpg, and hasn’t had a single issue in 61,500 miles of daily driver duty

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Everything that was said is the complete opposite. Nelson likes grouping me together with others, but really, i'm my own person.
In Florida, I know of two people that had to do chargebacks because he decided to promise them he was the best tuner, failed as proven on the dyno (with a ton of surge and both cars not running correctly), and then wouldn't return their money. Have all the correspondence of this.
Then we have a guy from Texas, how this all got started. I had never tuned a Mark 6 before that, and the gentleman came asking me to help him because of what Frank did to him. -10* correction everywhere and was having issues controlling boost. He sent him a map with the wastegate completely closed to "see where the boost would end up" - the map sensor was 22.5 psi and it was clearly way over. This is someone with "10+ years experience" who used zero common sense. This is when I knew he had issues.
Paypal dispute in that case as well. Owner didn't feel safe or trust Frank anymore.
Now we get into the even funnier bit. Once I started helping people with Maestro, frank would private seek out every client of mine with Nelson (ineedmorepsi) through PM to try to dig up dirt and sink me, spreading slander. I have all the screenshots saved of this garbage. Making things up like all the cars i've blown up and turbos etc. to try to scare my clients away. He has done this to other tuners as well because when I mentioned it on FB, I had a few others PM me. So it was at this point I knew he was as shady as they come. I am not going to name names but the worst I have seen was when my now client (formerly Frank) was told that going over the map sensor on stock fueling (on a boss 600) is "safe" and since the torque values aren't that high there is "no worry". Anyone who knows anything about how those readings work knows that when you hit the map sensor, there is no ability to discern greater air density so the torque values do not increase (as they are measured by the map). He did this to two cars and blew one up, the other switched to me and the car is fine now.
He doesn't own a MK7 and can't test anything.
The funniest part about this all is the motors that Frank has blown up due to sheer incompetence (I have proof of every single one, even his own "friend" admitting he was negligent) so all the lies that they spread about others are truly proactive slander to disguise their own issues.
Ineedmorepsi+Frank are both big mouths and have zero respect in the community. I haven't met a single person that likes you Nelson besides Frank, that is saying a lot.
You should grow up and look in the mirror.

I'll be happy to send the mods proof of all of this, since I can back up what I say. Frank+co. have had ample opportunities to provide any semblance of proof of anything they have said about myself or others and have failed every time.

Frank took a big hit last month when he attempted to scam someone for an extra $150 when they had already purchased a cable from a ED dealer. Post got huge on FB and proof was provided, it is still there on the international group. No defense by Frank.

There are so many stories it is absolutely crazy how he is still in business.

Last edited:

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Matt, I don't know how you sleep at night man. Any chance to try to put Frank down. You're bringing up things not pertaining to the thread. Anything to to put a business owner down to suite your own interests. You are a low person.

This has nothing to do with his turbo. You have no facts regarding his turbo. You're opinion on his tuning means nothing. I said what I said please people don't fall for Matt's crap.

/End of argument.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
Everything that was said is the complete opposite. Nelson likes grouping me together with others, but really, i'm my own person.
In Florida, I know of two people that had to do chargebacks because he decided to promise them he was the best tuner, failed as proven on the dyno (with a ton of surge and both cars not running correctly), and then wouldn't return their money. Have all the correspondence of this.
Then we have a guy from Texas, how this all got started. I had never tuned a Mark 6 before that, and the gentleman came asking me to help him because of what Frank did to him. -10* correction everywhere and was having issues controlling boost. He sent him a map with the wastegate completely closed to "see where the boost would end up" - the map sensor was 22.5 psi and it was clearly way over. This is someone with "10+ years experience" who used zero common sense. This is when I knew he had issues.
Paypal dispute in that case as well. Owner didn't feel safe or trust Frank anymore.
Now we get into the even funnier bit. Once I started helping people with Maestro, frank would private seek out every client of mine with Nelson (ineedmorepsi) through PM to try to dig up dirt and sink me, spreading slander. I have all the screenshots saved of this garbage. Making things up like all the cars i've blown up and turbos etc. to try to scare my clients away. He has done this to other tuners as well because when I mentioned it on FB, I had a few others PM me. So it was at this point I knew he was as shady as they come. I am not going to name names but the worst I have seen was when my now client (formerly Frank) was told that going over the map sensor on stock fueling (on a boss 600) is "safe" and since the torque values aren't that high there is "no worry". Anyone who knows anything about how those readings work knows that when you hit the map sensor, there is no ability to discern greater air density so the torque values do not increase (as they are measured by the map). He did this to two cars and blew one up, the other switched to me and the car is fine now.
He doesn't own a MK7 and can't test anything.
The funniest part about this all is the motors that Frank has blown up due to sheer incompetence (I have proof of every single one, even his own "friend" admitting he was negligent) so all the lies that they spread about others are truly proactive slander to disguise their own issues.
Ineedmorepsi+Frank are both big mouths and have zero respect in the community. I haven't met a single person that likes you Nelson besides Frank, that is saying a lot.
You should grow up and look in the mirror.

I'll be happy to send the mods proof of all of this, since I can back up what I say. Frank+co. have had ample opportunities to provide any semblance of proof of anything they have said about myself or others and have failed every time.

Frank took a big hit last month when he attempted to scam someone for an extra $150 when they had already purchased a cable from a ED dealer. Post got huge on FB and proof was provided, it is still there on the international group. No defense by Frank.

There are so many stories it is absolutely crazy how he is still in business.
Wow just had to reread this and I'm in disbelief that you go to any lengths to try to put Frank down and prop yourself up. Way to Go Matt! You surely outdone yourself.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.