GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Question - DP + muffler delete

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
So I've been wanting to jump up a little bit in sound and was wondering if you guys had any insight with this potential set up.
Right now I am running an Apr cast dp, catted with a res delete to the oem suitcase muffler. I love the turbo whistle on de rev that muffler deletes give but hearing some Apr dp with all straight pipes seems a little obnoxious. What would be the best resonator to pair with an Apr dp and dumped exhaust? No suitcase no tips just dumped right after the bend..
Does anyone have a set up that is similar? Would the vibrant 193 work the best to tame or would the oem res probably be the best combo if I'm gonna chop off the suitcase?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The bigger vibrant one, I forgot the part # I could look or gti jake can chime in, I know he uses it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Vibrant 17930 is 2.5" in/out and Vibrant 17950 is 3" in/out. All depends on whether you want to use the reducer on the APR downpipe. FWIW I'm running the 17930 and it's been great.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Vibrant 17950

A guy on IG asked this exact question (downpipe and muffler delete)

He followed my advice and went with a Vibrant 17950 and loves it, although with your idea of dumping under the car there’s no avoiding how terrible that’ll be aka don’t do that. If you have to dump it out the side or something but believe me no dump under the car. It’ll sound like a derby car inside

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is there really a big difference? Don't a lot of bt guys dump right before suitcase in that bend?

Yes lol, it’ll rattle your teeth out.

If they do they should really re think it. I’d wanna wear a paper bag over my head due to everything in the entire car rattling like a ‘93 Honda with six 10” subs in the trunk and no maintenance since ‘94

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I had a muffler delete before I added my catted downpipe way back when.

It was embarrassingly loud and sounded like a Honda with an open header out of boost.

I literally ordered everything to build my CBE as soon as I pulled in my driveway from the first drive with that set up. Hence the Vibrant 17950 solution was born

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
No, I'm running a CSS muffler, but the principals with the resonator are the same.
Are you muffler delete as well

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I ran apr dp with vibrant 17930 with muffler delete with no tune. I didn't really like it. I thought it was too tame and my pops and burbles disappeared. I ran the apr dp oem res and muffler delete and that's what I might go back to.

heres a cold start and light drive by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok48t0J-FRg&t=16s

Do you have a sound clip of it with the oem resonator ?