GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Carnet

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
What does this give you the car doesn't already have? The brochure shows car play, etc. which it already has. So besides remote locking your doors and the like what is the benefit of the subscription? I must be missing something.

adam1991

Banned
Just look at the package online.

The answer, except in very specific circumstances: nothing. You're not missing anything.

cb1111

As far as I'm concerned, the only really useful feature is accident notification, where an airbag deployment will contact VW. If they can't contact you, then emergency response will be notified.

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It has some cool features like speed threshold, reports if a set speed has been exceeded. Also, you set a fence around a location, will tell you if car leaves that defined area. Shows where you parked, etc. If it was cheap I would have kept it, but not at the monthly fee they wanted...

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Thanks to all that answered. Wow VW does not give you accident notification for free during warranty period like BMW. Guess they don't care if you die on side of road unless you pay a monthly fee, haha.. So no roadside assistance either I am guessing.

lostru

Ready to race!
When I owned my GTI the speed threshold told on one of the bodyshop guys. He was running 115 on his way back to the dealer. I'm sure eyes got really wide when I called and told them to call him and have him park it now. Got even bigger when I got there. I could also see exactly where he was at all times. Mind you he was doing it all while tuned and on a cold engine. I printed the reports and hand delivered it to them.

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
When I owned my GTI the speed threshold told on one of the bodyshop guys. He was running 115 on his way back to the dealer. I'm sure eyes got really wide when I called and told them to call him and have him park it now. Got even bigger when I got there. I could also see exactly where he was at all times. Mind you he was doing it all while tuned and on a cold engine. I printed the reports and hand delivered it to them.

Wow, that is kind of cool, but worth the subscription fee?

cb1111

Thanks to all that answered. Wow VW does not give you accident notification for free during warranty period like BMW. Guess they don't care if you die on side of road unless you pay a monthly fee, haha.. So no roadside assistance either I am guessing.
Roadside assistance is included.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
The only thing I find useful about Car Net is the feature that allows me to enter new destinations into the nav system from my desktop computer thereby saving me the frustration of "typing" on the touchscreen. Other than that it seems a waste of money. I won't renew.

dman918

Ready to race!
The only thing I find useful about Car Net is the feature that allows me to enter new destinations into the nav system from my desktop computer thereby saving me the frustration of "typing" on the touchscreen. Other than that it seems a waste of money. I won't renew.

I'm hoping that I can do it via Waze or Google Maps once compatible with Apple Play. This is an option I used ALL THE TIME in my BMW, so it'd be great to have an easy way to do now.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!

I found that helpful when I first bought my car. But yeah, I didn't renew either. The only other thing I found useful was when it would send a notification if there was rain in the forecast and if my windows or roof were open. But in reality, I close all windows and the roof 99% of the time regardless of the weather.

If it had the ability to remotely start the car, it would be worth it. Some other car brands have that and I don't even think they charge a subscription for it.
Pretty lame if you ask me.