GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing the AWE Tuning Golf R Exhaust Suite. Available now.

tortoise

Ready to race!
Just installed full turbo catback. It’s a terrific system, good power boost through the rev range, surprising (>5% fuel economy increase), and the sound, which I found overpowering at first, has settled down to a lovely note after a few hundred miles’ “spirited” driving.

My one quibble: The exhaust tips, which look fine in photos, but seem almost cartoonish in real life: They’re just too big and “trumpety.” On a Golt, they look like aftermarket bling, at least to my eyes.

Presumably, they’re easiy swapped out with something a bit less outré.

Last edited:

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Just installed full turbo catback. It’s a terrific system, good power boost through the rev range, surprising (>10% fuel economy increase), and the sound, which I found overpowering at first, has settled down to a lovely note after a few hundred miles’ “spirited” driving.

My one quibble: The exhaust tips, which look fine in photos, but seem almost cartoonish in real life: They’re just too big and “trumpety.” On a Golt, they look like aftermarket bling, at least to my eyes.

Presumably, they’re easiy swapped out with something a bit less outré.

Glad you like the the new tone.

Interesting perspective on the tips as they fill out the valance very well. Do you have them protruding out from the valance much?

tortoise

Ready to race!
Glad you like the the new tone.

Interesting perspective on the tips as they fill out the valance very well. Do you have them protruding out from the valance much?

They do fill it out well, no question. And the workmanship is self-evidently first class: They look expensive.

But perhaps that’s it: They need to be brought in a centimeter or two. I may also order a set of replacement tips in black.

tortoise

Ready to race!
I’ve put about 500 miles on it now. The notes from this exhaust have settled into gorgeousness: This the Carnegie Hall aftermarket exhaust systems.