GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track Day Notes App

DAS_STIG

Banned
Any recommendation on an app to use for tracking track notes? I was hoping to be able to take notes on specific corners at tracks. All I am able to find are apps that track your lap times/telemetry.

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Not an app; I created a notebook. I have a form for each session that has a track map and locations for recording air temp, tire pressure before/after, suspension settings, and notes.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Not an app; I created a notebook. I have a form for each session that has a track map and locations for recording air temp, tire pressure before/after, suspension settings, and notes.

That's the method I have heard people using, but wanted to check if there are any apps to help track that.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Any recommendation on an app to use for tracking track notes? I was hoping to be able to take notes on specific corners at tracks. All I am able to find are apps that track your lap times/telemetry.

I have not used this but am considering it. Have a look at it.
Apex Pro Track App/Device. Looks cool. Google Apex Track Coach.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I just use note-taking software to capture my thoughts/observations on each turn for each track that I run. Note-taking software would mean MS OneNote, Evernote, etc. I could do the same thing on paper. A buddy of mine is more organized than I am and he breaks his thoughts out into separate sections for each corner: gear, braking, corner entry, mid-corner, and exit.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I keep a track folder where I keep all info that interests me. At the track I have a notepad where I scribble pertinent notes using a pyrometer and air gauge at track for tire/brake info, stuff that pops in my head about corners/gearing, weather info, whatever. I use Harry's Lap Timer for time/speed/segment info and video.

Then when I get home I put it all together in a more legible format. I think I would find an app too restrictive and not adding much if any usability.

In this folder I also list track days and note when I use consumables, so it is very easy to see how many runs I get out of tires/rotors/pads.

It's not as anal as it sounds. I know I'm there for fun and not trophies, but I find it really helps over time.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Thanks everyone for the comments. I was hoping something handy was out there specifically for the note taking part, but I guess I will be defaulting back to the old handy spreadsheet method. I want something digital for long term preservation, but maybe will get a notebook to have on hand at the track.