GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Staggered tire size?

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sounds like you have a good handle on your improvements and adjustments- keep us posted on how things go.

-=max=-

Ready to race!
Missed this thread.
But I'm running 71r 265/35-18 and 245/40-17 on 9" wheels.
Kw Clubsports 460lb/780lb rates
Nuespeed fsb and 034 rear bar
Works extremely well. Especially on asphalt. I think a little higher rates would be better on concrete, but its a dd.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Just a follow up. As it turns out, my alignment on one of the rear wheels after the sway bar install was pretty bad, and one of my front wheels went bad too (not sure when or how). They were basically pulling opposite of each other so the car tracked straight, even though the toe was wildly off.

I ended up just replacing parts to drop me into the STH class, since the DSG really requires a tune. Before I even got a chance to do another autocross event I've had the car corner balanced, aligned, tuned, and I ended up going to a NASA HPDE event. This was my first time on a road course with a FWD turbo car. With everything I've done, the car was pretty neutral. I could probably try and go for a bit more front camber (maybe up to -2.5 to -2.8), but I was getting very even wear between front and rear with the rear tires being 6 psi higher than front (34F, 40R). I could definitely use a bit more rear spring, and maybe more rear bar if I do a front bar.

I was able to catch two C7 Z06 vettes, and even pass one of them. Unfortunately I was focusing on building the car for STH and now it needs an intercooler for the track to keep the IAT down, which would drop me into DSP, where the car definitely wouldn't be competitive in current state. I might just work towards running time trials and time attack competitively instead of autocross, and then just use a couple days per year of autox as a testing ground between events.

I got the MSS track pack springs for the DCC, and while I initially thought they would be ridiculous voodoo and I'd get rid of them in favor of coilovers, I'm actually extremely impressed with the level of body control and response they provide. The car is sitting very close to where I want it handling-wise.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
There is a proposal out for member comment to allow upgraded intercoolers next year in STH. So might be legal next year.

They really should allow it, at least for car safety. Granted they denied oil coolers for stock class 370z, and oil coolers are required on the Z for any warm climate. I hit 295F in 3 autox runs in July in my Z....