GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

sportwagen3

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone

I'm upgrading from mib 1 to mib 2.. but it looks that is mib2 unit from passat and now on car i see passat and on clima menu is passat

how i can change that to golf ?
You can code it through vcds. Did you save your coding from your MIB1?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone

I'm upgrading from mib 1 to mib 2.. but it looks that is mib2 unit from passat and now on car i see passat and on clima menu is passat

how i can change that to golf ?

This is from memory as I don't have Vag-com up. First byte in coding select Golf (that is were Passat is currently selected); in byte 18 select GTI (that is where sub-model Golf, GTI, Golf R, GTE, etc are), I believe it is 03. This is my coding. Also, as in DIY you should of saved your logs. Compare the two and with long coding helper it will validate what I have said above.

Bold is where model and sub model are contained in code.

027300000000000051220002001808001F0203F40120010002

Last edited:

zvonexp

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah, i forgot to wrote

i managed to fix that

one more question

if u re using mib2 unit and mib1 dynaudio.. without changing amplifier on unit they working only SW or HW MOD ?

Last edited:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, i forgot to wrote

i managed to fix that

one more question

if u re using mib2 unit and mib1 dynaudio.. without changing amplifier on unit they working only SW or HW MOD ?

Sorry I can not really help. For North American cars we have the Fender system. Not sure what the differences are between Dynaudio and Fender so I can only speak to the Fender system. For the Fender system I had to replace the amp to the MIB 2.

ARi1

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah, i forgot to wrote

i managed to fix that

one more question

What is mib1 dynaudio

I have a mib 2 unit and a mib2 amp
But my subwoofer is producing vocals for some reason

Last edited:

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Finally got around to making progress on this. Hardest part was definitely wiring the USB wiring to the back of the brain. Got it taken care of tonight though. I did notice my 605H screen has a ROW fitting but NAR connector. Weird, but easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Latest update in my MIB1-> MIB2 blog. :p As mentioned in previous post, installed everything. Officially got CP removed by the extremely helpful team at the dealership. They followed the CP removal and activation key instructions to the T, but the key kept getting rejected. They called VW Tech line and essentially the word is "nein nein nein" trying to add the carplay functionality back. It sounds like this may have been what you experienced George Ab. If that's the case, i will be pursuing the remote-to-poland technique mentioned and would recommend that for others as well.

danjam

I got everything to work. Thanks George for this guide. Definitely was helpful. The coding was the main issue as to why 47 was not responding. I was able to code the rearview camera, boot logo, and car image after component protection was removed from the MIB and amp.
Just to clarify, you needed to get CP removed before the controller would recognize 47? I'm having the same issue after install, but Im waiting for my appt at the dealer to do CP/FECs.

Also, who did your remote coding in case I need to go that route... however I already have my legit app-connect fec codes [emoji19]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ssgtob1

Just to clarify, you needed to get CP removed before the controller would recognize 47? I'm having the same issue after install, but Im waiting for my appt at the dealer to do CP/FECs.

Also, who did your remote coding in case I need to go that route... however I already have my legit app-connect fec codes [emoji19]

I can confirm that the amp will not show until cp is removed from the main unit. I can get you the name of the guy doing mine remotely. He is doing mine as I type this. He removed cp and is adding all the fec's.

danjam

I can confirm that the amp will not show until cp is removed from the main unit. I can get you the name of the guy doing mine remotely. He is doing mine as I type this. He removed cp and is adding all the fec's.
Dude, that would be awesome. Feel free to pm me his info, and/or post a reply.

I figured that was the case with the amp not being recognized. Everything else works like a champ! ...except for CP being active and all...

danjam

Any update on this? I'm curious to know how the programming session went. I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow morning, and wondering if I should cancel...

pwrbkdude

So here is where *I* am at. I have a 2015 Golf R and purchased a full system from a wrecked 2016 Golf R. MIB II, display, usb connector, and amp. I installed it all the other day, then went to the dealer yesterday. After about three hours (ouch... $$) they have CP removed, but I don't think the FeCs are loaded as NAV won't work, Park Pilot doesn't work, and Performance Monitor isn't there. I need to get the activation code for CarPlay, and then have the FeCs redone... the question is should I go back to the dealer, or is there a wizard out there that can help with this? (Also, FYI I think MIB II sounds better even though both amps are from Alpine, and the MIB II display is head and shoulders above the old one.)

danjam

quick update... dealer situation, like others, was a half (not total) bust. they were able to remove component protection from the screen and brain, but not the amp. I'm assuming they just didn't realize that the amp had been replaced... even though i told them. I still have no sound, but the interface seems to be working fine. They were unable to get my legitimate FEC App-connect codes to process even after filing a claim with VW HQ. The only bright side is that they charged me NOTHING, because they couldn't get it to work.

I plan to go the VAS5054A OKI route with ODIS. The only question is: who do I get to code it remotely? After doing some google searching I came across these guys.

http://www.vagcarcoding.com

Their website seems the most legit. Anyone have other recommendations?

treybyday

Passed Driver's Ed
As with danjam, I am also looking for recommendations at this point. Had Component Protection removed by dealership, but I think they messed something up during the FEC SWAP process. They wanted the VIN from where the MIB2 headunit came from, and claim that they were able to associate the App-Connect FEC to my VIN (I never purchased my own App-Connect FEC). They said it shows up in the database, but it's still asking for activation when I tap the App Connect icon. I never asked them to do that, and repeatedly brought up how I would need to purchase the App-Connect key separately. Also don't have Voice Activation, which I had previously on MIB1.

I reached out to Alex @ VW Retrofit UK, but he gave me bad news as well:

"On that part numbers, maps, app connect wont work. Only Radio and Bluetooth can be activated. Because after SWAP functions now its registered to your VIN number and wont ever work"

Stuck!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
quick update... dealer situation, like others, was a half (not total) bust. they were able to remove component protection from the screen and brain, but not the amp. I'm assuming they just didn't realize that the amp had been replaced... even though i told them. I still have no sound, but the interface seems to be working fine. They were unable to get my legitimate FEC App-connect codes to process even after filing a claim with VW HQ. The only bright side is that they charged me NOTHING, because they couldn't get it to work.

I plan to go the VAS5054A OKI route with ODIS. The only question is: who do I get to code it remotely? After doing some google searching I came across these guys.

http://www.vagcarcoding.com

Their website seems the most legit. Anyone have other recommendations?
pm incoming. As for treybyday, what part number do you have? What other info did Alex give you? If it's anything like the info he gave me, it's that the 844 (discover media mib2) can't have his process done to it, only the 0xx (discover pro mib2).

Last edited: