GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone have problems with going 1st to 2nd on the MT? Feels EXTREMELY rough for a car with a DMF. It also makes very loud clunking noises which sometimes happen 2nd to 3rd as well. Bad pressure plate?

I had a thread about my slipping clutch from basically new, got it replaced under warranty, but now have noticed this. Oddly it only starts happening after the car warms up and continues from then on. When the car is cold, for the first minute or so, 1st to 2nd is smooth as butter.

Will be taking it back to the dealer but definitely another annoying clutch problem.

You need to go past 3k rpm before shifting into 2nd, or shift very low.

SDGTIfan

i didnt realize that hatchback door doesnt pop open automatically which is annoying as hell after coming from a bmw where it pops open when you press the key

i didnt notice that when i did the test drive and the sales guy showed me the car features. I would have still bought the car just that I wouldn't have been surprised after i bought it

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
i didnt realize that hatchback door doesnt pop open automatically which is annoying as hell after coming from a bmw where it pops open when you press the key

i didnt notice that when i did the test drive and the sales guy showed me the car features. I would have still bought the car just that I wouldn't have been surprised after i bought it

USP Hatch Pop Kit, ...have it on mine and it works great :)

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

USP Hatch Pop Kit, ...have it on mine and it works great :)

Yep!!

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Rain getting in with the windows even slightly cracked.

I need a set of visors but I haven't found a stealthy set. :(

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
After it rains, when i roll the front windows down water drips into my car. The bigger thing for me was not getting a higher trim model. I will correct that next year though. So Dumb

What are your main complaints about your S model?

airjor13

Ready to race!
Entirely my fault but regretting not having the lighting package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
The alignment still not being right from the factory after the dealership acknowledged that it was wrong and fixed it. Also have a rattle coming from the passenger side dash board that I can hear anytime I'm on the highway on anything but a 100% smooth road.

shrooms

1. Dealers. Harass you with marketing calls, sales calls, emails, questionnaires. Complete ignorance of your privacy even when you complain about it and ask them to stop. 4 Years of it!!. Merc next time for me.
2. If you turn down the Sat Nav voice pressing volume back up only adjusts the radio/media.. to turn sat nav volume back up again you have to 'guess' when it might be speaking and press volume up then.
3. You cannot change station via steering wheel button.. Instead it searches for next strongest signal (not your preset stations), meaning you have to scroll through endless junk stations to get where you want.
4. Takes far to long for reverse to engage on dsg.
5. Will only coast in Eco, not other modes.
6. Stop Start. Useless. Just when you think that gap to pull out is big enough.. no it isn't as you floor it and move nowhere while waiting for engine to rumble back to life. Always catches me out. Car need to start up in default with it turn OFF, not on.
7. Auto brake safety thingy detects cyclists which should really just be treated as vermin and ignored. If i choose to brake I will.

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
#3 is a setting that can be changed. Steer wheel controls can either seek (what you have set) or go between presets. Agree about #4. #2 I find to be a reasonable intuitive integration, but I can understand frustration with it. The rest don't apply to my car as I don't have (or want) and of those features you're having trouble with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk