GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

slik

Ready to race!
I really dislike that the passenger side wiper blade stops directly in front of the driver leaving a distinct water line precisely in my field of vision. The driver side blade then fails to wipe it clean. Not only annoying but dangerous.

ScozR

Ready to race!
Countless rattles... like the one that happens if you close a door with the window rolled down. Good god.

Mine had this and was fixed under warranty. Turned out the window track was missing a bolt or two from the factory. Its been quiet ever since the repair. You may want to have them look at it. Thats definitely not normal. As for all the other rattles.....oye.

mkygod

Ready to race!
-Sqeaks developing after a few months of ownership. Probably door seal or window seal related.
-Spotify on Android Auto is buggy as hell
-Bluetooth annoyances - My phone asking me to pair w/ bluetooth, set up smartlock, and share messages for the billionth time.
-Car keeps telling me about some car traveling the wrong direction down some freeway that's no where near my location. Happens so often, i think it must be a bug. Don't know how to turn the msgs off.
-Rear of the car gets dirty fast; but i guess this is normal for hatchbacks.

Fortunately, the list of positives far outweigh the negatives (so far).

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
The touch screen radio. Hate it. Ginne back my buttons. Get off my lawn!

As much of a fan of tech as I am, and also a pretty young guy (27) I have to agree. I have the hardest time with the controls while I am driving. We are looking at a hatch for my fiance and have been looking at Mazda. They did a great job on a similar system. When you are moving you have to use the center knob to control it all. When idle or stopped at a light, you can use the touch screen. Excellent.

Also, rattles. Dear god the rattles. Even my passengers make comments about it.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Using the steering wheel voice option to make a Bluetooth call..... the driver dashboard information area does not go back to the screen it was on, nor does the radio go back to the screen it was on. Always have to switch it from phone back to the radio channels.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I have the Autobahn package which includes the LP in the US.

I hate how the headlights are white but the turning lights are yellow.

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
i tinted my windows and made sure the hatch was really dark that fixed my rearview mirror issue. other then the soundakator bullshit im fine... oh and the heating system blowing air from every and any vent

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
The stock clutch feel(especially engaging into first up hill) and cant hold more than stock power reliably
No standard back up cam in 2015
No auto-dimming rearview mirror
Manual adjust seat back with that circular crank thing
Turbo too quiet
No boost guage
Soundaktor (good it's easily removed)
The undeafeatable traction control
124 top speed limit
Right leg rubs center dash (thanks for reminding me Pyramid Head)
Wrong wheel drive

Maybe I'm lucky but I haven't yet heard any rattles.

The long gears can be good when modded. Stay in the powerband longer in the lower gears with more traction.

Last edited:

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Soundaktor, power seats only on the driver side, no mute button on the steering wheels like my mkV had.