GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI W/O Fender Audio - Wiring Harness?

Hello, this would be my first post :), i have been reading around quite a bit but wasn't able to find anything on weather or not the TSI models have the subwoofer wiring harness in the spare tire well. I wasnt able to find it but i just recently had back surgery so im not really able to move around like that at the moment.

Likewise, if it isn't present do you thing the connector for the Volkswagen Infotainment SD box exists? (This is replaced with a cubby hole for me) I am trying to find the cleanest method of adding a subwoofer to the sound system without ting into the speaker wires. Would like to makeshift a connector like chid did in his posts.

Thanks, btw before anyone says i should have just forked out the money for a model with the fender system, i had to trade in my TDI due to mechanical problems so i lost a few grand there :/

capitan828

Ready to race!
The connector for the sub is definitely not there. Not sure what you mean by
Likewise, if it isn't present do you thing the connector for the Volkswagen Infotainment SD box exists?

Iv added quite a bit of stuff to my base model tdi and so far iv found that if it wasn't equipped from the factory then it won't even have the wires for you to just add it on later. Vw didn't want to spend a cent more than they had to.

Thank you for your input, i would have thought it might have been easier for them to use the same wiring harness from the factory which would also make it easier for people to blow their bank on upgrading to the fender system later down the road.

Here is an example of what i was referring to. Im sorry it would have probably been easier to refer to it as the equalizer.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280