GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to retro-fit the traction control (ESC) button to a Mk7 Golf

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Everything installed but must say I was a bit disappointed. The switch works and ASR comes up and FRONT ASSIST ... I went into VCDS as you describe: "03 ABS", "07 Coding", "Long Coding," but I can not select "BYTE 29". My Byte 29 is blank and I can not configure and VCDs says: Only Limited Coding Information is available for this Control Module.

[/URL][/IMG]

looking at your picture you are using VCDS version 1.0.6..............you need the fully paid for 14.10 newest version to communicate fully with the new MK7 Golf modules

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I remembered that the Byte 29 will say "Only Limited Coding Information is available for this Control Module." so that is OK, but why yours is blank I do not know! It might be the specification for your country, but try inputting the coding into the blank Byte 29 box & see if it works, if it does not then just go back into the module & Byte 29 & remove the coding from Byte 29 to return to before! If however you cannot input codes into Byte 29 then that is because you are using an old version of VCDS!

kurhaa

Thanks golfdave for your quick reply.

My VCDS version is the latest Ross-Teck, Version 14.10.2 and it works just fine. When I get to 03-ABS so it says version 1.0.6.13. I installed again to be sure and the same screen comes up. I tried to enter code in Byte 29 but VCDS will not approve this. Also took a copy of the configuration and added 09 during New coding but VCDS not approve these changes.
Do I need to activate the button in the system?

I really want to get to the same as you and need help.

[/URL][/IMG]

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
This is my module with the Byte 29 highlighted, sometimes VCDS can not force the change using the short code (in this case 09), so you have to input the long Binary code in the Binary box. So here is mine, so in your Byte 29 Binary box try entering 00001001 which is the same as mine.

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 7,947

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Awesome write up. I would bet dealers are looking at this enviously, I would imagine it's way way better than the factory tech specs..

kurhaa

Trying to add 00001001 directly in Binary box but I'm not allowed to store in VCDS. I also made an attempt to reset VCDS to 12.12 version but when I got interphase problem and must surely manipulate USB driver. I will be traveling for a few days this week so I'll start again on Saturday.
Really appreciate the help i get golfdave and look forward to solve the challenge and button to correct configuration.

Felipesalomao

Hi, i will buy this switch.. But I also would like to retrofit drive profiles.. My car is German golf 7 1.4 tsi highline.. Do you know if it's possible? I think most difficult change would be vcds settings.. Thank you

Ursus americanus

Ready to race!
I'm looking to integrate my already hard wired radar detector's mute button into one of the console buttons. The process will be nearly identical to DV52's thread for a garage door opener but I would like to utilize the "eco start/stop" location on the left side row. Does anyone know if that is possible, meaning is the economy switch hard wired to earth, like the park assist and parking aid on the right side and unusable for my purposes, or is the eco switch floating like tire set?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
A little unrelated to the ESC button, but where do you find the info on these pin outs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I got the info from forum member DV52 who has access to Erwin. I have a friendly parts guy so I can get stuff that way also, but if you want loads of info then Erwin pay & use download in one day all the info you may need.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
The ESC OFF Button has yellow light? My only white

White when back light, turns to amber when you press it to deactivate the ESC I think?..

Hang on you got me confused now!:(