GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traffic Sign Recognition / Sign Assist

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
I know in advance this query maybe a little niche.

We have ordered another Golf (estate this time) as the main family car with the LED Xenons and Discover Nav Pro with Lane Assist, Dynamic Light Assist and Side Scan package.

VW have told me through my local UK dealer that the traffic sign recognition is still included with this combination of options despite it not being mentioned in the current pricelist. My order has been placed through Drive The Deal at a different dealer to the one that asked the question as there was a £2000 difference between the two.

I have been sent a copy of the provisional order form to check for errors.

It seems that the wrong code is on the order form:

PFB Lane assist inc dyn high assist

However from my understanding this should be PFH to include the traffic sign recognition with the LED Xenons and Discover Nav Pro. The PFB camera does not include the traffic sign recognition.

Obviously I have sent an email to the dealer to clarify. However, if anyone has placed an order with this combination since the MY15 changes and introduction of the side scan in the lane assist package and can see from their Order Detail what code has been used for the lane assist camera that would be much appreciated.

I'm not holding out much hope, but any help appreciated!

Dan

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I ordered PFB on my car. When I discovered I could get sign recognition for the same price, it was too late to change the spec. I added sign recognition myself with vcds when the car arrived.

Boggle

Kevin, I'd be interested to know what changes you had to make in VCDS to activate sign recognition (I've got Lane Assist & Nav but sign recognition is not enabled in my MK7).

Thanks.

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
Thanks for that. As an update I am still waiting on VW to get back to the dealer and for them to get back to me. Initially VW tried to insist all was fine until the dealer forwarded on my email with links to the Irish and Dutch brochures which clearly label PFB as being without TSR and PFH with it. That was Wednesday and I am told to expect a resolution tomorrow. Fingers crossed all will be good then.

kevinm1

Ready to race!

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
Ok, it seems the problem has been resolved. The higher support in VW were aware of the problem. It seems many people have been affected by this and as a result the PFH code has been retired and PFB is now used whether you have Discover Nav Pro or not. It seems this is a change with the MY15 changes. This is the reply I received:

Your order number has been checked by brand support and it will display traffic sign recognition. The code you mentioned of PFH is no longer used and the code of PFB has been updated to support the traffic sign recognition.

Therefore if you have LED Xenons with Lane Assist and Discover Nav Pro in the UK you should have the following codes on the order form in order to get the LED Xenons, Lane Assist package, Dynamic Light Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition and Discover Nav Pro:

PFB Lane assist inc dyn high beam
PXC Dyn light asst with LED
7Y9 Blind spot detection (side scan)
ZND Discover Pro navigation
77G Data storage device for EU

Just got to wait till September to see if all comes as advertised but I now have 2 emails from VW UK confirming both the dynamic light assist and traffic sign recognition are included.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Why doesn't it work with the standard Discover Sat Nav? I haven't specced Discover Pro (options have to stop somewhere!)

I have specced the other options, I am not expecting it, more curious about why it can't be had with the standard Discover Sat Nav?

James

kevinm1

Ready to race!
Why doesn't it work with the standard Discover Sat Nav? I haven't specced Discover Pro (options have to stop somewhere!)

I have specced the other options, I am not expecting it, more curious about why it can't be had with the standard Discover Sat Nav?

James

It's so VW can justify the crazy price they charge for the discover pro

proton

Ready to race!
Just to resurrect this thread from a few weeks ago, I have the Discover Nav Pro together with Lane Assist. Mine is the pre-2015 LA which doesn't have the blind spot assist. I've queried with the dealer why Traffic Sign Recognition is not available in the driving aids menu, and this was escalated to a query with VW UK and then as I understand it to VW Germany. The information I've received back to date is a claim from VW that Traffic Sign Recognition has never been available on UK models, and that the price list was printed incorrectly. Can anyone out there with a UK Mk7 pre-2015 show evidence to the contrary? Thanks.

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
Just to resurrect this thread from a few weeks ago, I have the Discover Nav Pro together with Lane Assist. Mine is the pre-2015 LA which doesn't have the blind spot assist. I've queried with the dealer why Traffic Sign Recognition is not available in the driving aids menu, and this was escalated to a query with VW UK and then as I understand it to VW Germany. The information I've received back to date is a claim from VW that Traffic Sign Recognition has never been available on UK models, and that the price list was printed incorrectly. Can anyone out there with a UK Mk7 pre-2015 show evidence to the contrary? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biiu7kqosx42z7s/Pricelist 13-04-01.pdf

Here's the April 2013 pricelist that clear states it. I have a copy of an email from VW UK about my estate order in June this year confirming I will definitely get the Traffic Sign Recognition with the lane assist and Discover Nav Pro. I'll be getting a full refund of the pack if I don't as I made it quite clear it was the main reason I was selecting the lane assist package.

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
VW UK have been clear that the PFH and PFB codes have been merged along with PFA/PFG. Maybe this was part of the MY15 changes and they started using the PFB/PFA codes too early resulting in an error with your order if it was on the tailend of MY14 production.

James75

Go Kart Champion
I just got my order form yesterday and i looks like this, very worthwhile to ask for this, and thanks to the forum for suggesting i should ask for this. I ordered end of June.

Attachments

• pdc.jpg
    pdc.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 4,717
Last edited:

Evil Dan

Ready to race!
I just got my order form yesterday and i looks like this, very worthwhile to ask for this, and thanks to the forum for suggesting i should ask for this. I order end of June.

So James do you now know if you are getting dynamic light assist or high beam assist?

EDIT: Can see the order form now. Excellent. Seems we are both getting DLA for the lower price.

Last edited: