GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back up camera?

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
So VW took the car back under the Lemon Law. They were very easy to deal with, and very fair. Unsure what happens to the car now, but I turned it back in on Monday.

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
They seem to have isolated the problem to the head unit. Something about the software doesn't jibe. If they take a head unit from a previous model, the system works. But that older unit doesn't provide the options of the current unit, so it isn't a fix.

FatOldandSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
The "re-purchase" is dictated by Florida law. My car was a lease. They took the car back, and cut me a check for 3K+. The refund was based on the current mileage. I had about 31K miles at turn-in.

I am unsure how the formula changes if the car was purchased.

They also gave me a $1500 credit toward the purchase of a new or pre-owned VW or Audi.

My commute has changed drastically, and needed to get a hybrid, because I get free tolls :). So had to exchange the R for an old man car.

But am renovating the garage, and making plans for the next fun car.

Supercup

Passed Driver's Ed
No issue here in 8,500 miles (but only 3.5 months) - quality of my camera picture is rally good to other cars in past.

Mine in 2018 R

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
My 18 works fine but, oddly, I recently experienced this same situation in my Subaru. I’m thinking it has something to do with the audio or Nav controls - fiddling around with them when the car calls for the backup cam. Are you guys possibly making audio selections or using Car Play functions when this occurs?