GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives 7/10-7/31

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Changes from June incentives:

$1000 dealer cash and special APR cash replaced by Summer Bonus Cash. (The cash incentive amount has not changed, it's just going to be advertised to the public this month.)

72mo APR increased by 0.5% for special APR, Dealer 1st & 2nd choice. +$500 or $1000 respectively.

Short version: if you are financing with VCI for up to 60 months (still your best bet), there are no changes. If you are financing for more than 60 months, interest rate is higher.

Happy hunting!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How does the SCCA discount work with all these incentives, including the $500 Jetta event coupon? Bonus cash + $500 Jetta coupon + SCCA = ??

Looks like I'm buying a car this weekend.

Shorty Long

Yes, I'd like some clarification too. I've read where partner programs such as SCCA and USA Cycling membership gets you $500 under invoice.

If a dealership accepts this program, does that override any and all other incentives/discounts?

My assumption is that you would present partner membership up front, and then add on additional incentives to drive the final price down further.

However, I've also read that the best way is to negotiate the best possible price first (get dealer discount, financing incentives, etc.) and then present the partner certificate last to get an additional $500 off the final sale price.

What's the best way to approach it?

cb1111

Yes, I'd like some clarification too. I've read where partner programs such as SCCA and USA Cycling membership gets you $500 under invoice.

If a dealership accepts this program, does that override any and all other incentives/discounts?

My assumption is that you would present partner membership up front, and then add on additional incentives to drive the final price down further.

However, I've also read that the best way is to negotiate the best possible price first (get dealer discount, financing incentives, etc.) and then present the partner certificate last to get an additional $500 off the final sale price.

Some of the incentives stack.

The partner $500 if off invoice OR your best negotiated price. The military and grad discounts apply as well.

Does the Jetta event apply to the Golf/GTI?

What is interesting is that by advertising the APR discount, they are making it more difficult for the dealers to keep that for themselves.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Some of the incentives stack.

The partner $500 if off invoice OR your best negotiated price. The military and grad discounts apply as well.

Does the Jetta event apply to the Golf/GTI?

What is interesting is that by advertising the APR discount, they are making it more difficult for the dealers to keep that for themselves.

The Jetta Haus event coupon fine print states it applies to all unused new MY15-19 models except Golf R.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

When i bought mine, I followed the second method mentioned in your post. Negotiated the price first and then presented the additional incentives i had in hand. If you negotiated price is less than invoice, dealership is just going to reduce another $500 with SCAA discount.

All those additional incentives are coming out of VWs pocket. So there is a high probability that your sales guy is not going to give you the best deal if you discuss about these incentives upfront.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
All those additional incentives are coming out of VWs pocket. So there is a high probability that your sales guy is not going to give you the best deal if you discuss about these incentives upfront.

Right, they come of out of VW's pocket, not the dealer's. APR cash, military program, college grad, bonus cash, etc, are all paid to the dealer from VW. In most cases, they're passed right along to the buyer, with the exception of dealer cash, because most customers won't know about it. The dealer doesn't care about that money, since they wouldn't get to keep it anyway. So, the only reason to wait to mention that you're purchasing it with the partner program is if you've already negotiated a deal below invoice, including all VW incentives that you qualify for. For example, if their invoice price is $28,500, and you've got them down to $26,000 by way of $1,000 bonus cash, $500 military discount, and $500 discounted by the dealer, then you could save an additional $500 by mentioning the partner program. However, whether or not they will include the $500 they're giving up is up to them, as they are under no obligation to provide it, only the VW incentives.

In most cases, the partner program will give you a starting point below what you'd have achieved through regular negotiation, and the dealer and salesperson get a guaranteed commission when selling a program vehicle, so it can make things go much more smoothly if everyone's on the same page from the outset.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Making sure I'm getting this right:

2018 SE w/DSG & leather

$28,400 dealer advertised price. SCCA + $500 event coupon = another $1,000 off?

nygiants242

What is the best path for someone whose compay is NOT on VW Partner program list?

USA Cycling seems to be the most cost effective at $50/Yr membership. So I can simply sign-up then get the Partner Code, and then get $500 off after best-negotiated price? Seems easy/like a no brainer.

If there is a better alternative, let me know :) Thanks all!

cb1111

What is the best path for someone whose compay is NOT on VW Partner program list?

USA Cycling seems to be the most cost effective at $50/Yr membership. So I can simply sign-up then get the Partner Code, and then get $500 off after best-negotiated price? Seems easy/like a no brainer.

If there is a better alternative, let me know :) Thanks all!
Yep. If you're a cyclist. If not, then the SCCA membership makes more sense - a bit more expensive but perhaps more useful.

I don't think that you get the USA Cycling discount immediately, but you need to wait for your card to come snail mail (but I could be wrong).

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Yep. If you're a cyclist. If not, then the SCCA membership makes more sense - a bit more expensive but perhaps more useful.

I don't think that you get the USA Cycling discount immediately, but you need to wait for your card to come snail mail (but I could be wrong).

Will they make you buy an expensive bicycle or walk around in spandex shorts before you can join USA Cycling? If not, it's a better deal at $50 than SCCA ($85), assuming you weren't planning to use the SCCA membership for anything else.

I would think that the cycling website would have a link directly from their members page, or at least instructions on how to take advantage of VWPP. My brother picked up his car before his SCCA materials arrived in the mail, and I see no reason why the cycling club would be any different.

cb1111

Will they make you buy an expensive bicycle or walk around in spandex shorts before you can join USA Cycling? If not, it's a better deal at $50 than SCCA ($85), assuming you weren't planning to use the SCCA membership for anything else.

I would think that the cycling website would have a link directly from their members page, or at least instructions on how to take advantage of VWPP. My brother picked up his car before his SCCA materials arrived in the mail, and I see no reason why the cycling club would be any different.

this is what the cycling website has to say:

When Will I Get My Membership Package?
Ride and Ride Plus membership packages typically ship within a week of purchase. If you have not received your shipment after 2 weeks, please contact us at membership@usacycling.org and we will sort it out.

Of interest, I no longer see any reference to VW on their site. Can you still get the discount?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
My brother picked up his car before his SCCA materials arrived in the mail, and I see no reason why the cycling club would be any different.

Dealership I was trying to buy from yesterday wanted to see and copy my SCCA membership card before offering the discount. I just signed up last week, so I showed him the confirmation email and still said that wasn't enough.

He also tried to tell me it was only good for $500 off invoice and not stackable with the $500 Jetta Haus coupon. I told him he was incorrect, it's $500 off *best price* and the Jetta Haus coupon applies as well. (Basically, makes up for the first responder and college grad discounts I don't qualify for but everyone advertises online)

Didn't buy since they didn't have the color I want and not willing to accept my offer.

cb1111

this is what the cycling website has to say:

When Will I Get My Membership Package?
Ride and Ride Plus membership packages typically ship within a week of purchase. If you have not received your shipment after 2 weeks, please contact us at membership@usacycling.org and we will sort it out.

Of interest, I no longer see any reference to VW on their site. Can you still get the discount?

Here is the current USA Cycling website while the old website showed this