GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Transfer of Front Bumper Sensors (front assist)

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...0-style-front-bumper-cover-kit/010011ecs01fb/

I am currently debating whether or not I want to purchase the front bumper kit shown above

I have a 2017 VW Golf R with assist systems - it has sensors mounted on the front bumper as well as the cut out in the bottom grill

Does anyone know anything about if it would be possible to transfer the sensors to this bumper?

Thank you for any feedback

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...0-style-front-bumper-cover-kit/010011ecs01fb/

I am currently debating whether or not I want to purchase the front bumper kit shown above

I have a 2017 VW Golf R with assist systems - it has sensors mounted on the front bumper as well as the cut out in the bottom grill

Does anyone know anything about if it would be possible to transfer the sensors to this bumper?

Thank you for any feedback

If By sensors mounted on the front bumper you mean parking sensors then yes its really easy to transfer them, and im pretty sure the front radar is not part of the bumper and you will just have to buy a new lower grill with a cutout or just cut it yourself

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

r_saurus

Passed Driver's Ed
If By sensors mounted on the front bumper you mean parking sensors then yes its really easy to transfer them, and im pretty sure the front radar is not part of the bumper and you will just have to buy a new lower grill with a cutout or just cut it yourself

I'm guess that I will just need to disable front assist because I'm not going to cut out a brand new grille

Thanks for your feedback

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I'm guess that I will just need to disable front assist because I'm not going to cut out a brand new grille

Thanks for your feedback
you can let a professional do it and make it clean or just try and find a grill that is made for front assist and has the hole precut

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
And you will need sensor holder :) You cen use your old (solid sticked to bumper) or bought:
Outside left: 5G0919493 / 5G0919493B / 5G9919493
Inside: 5G0919493A / 5G0919493C / 5G9919493A
Outside right: 5G0919494 / 5G0919494B / 5G9919494
PLAsensors: 5G0998399