GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big gap/ hole in rear valence on mk7.5 1.4 tsi

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
I was under my car today and noticed a big hole in rear bumper valence.its proberly for toe hitch or somethink but for fs vw cheaping out on puting a cover on

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Yes, another example of penny pinching by VW, along with other little omissions; no lidded battery cover, no under-seat drawers, no plastic covers over the door mirror fixing bolts. There’s also evidence of penny pinching on the new Polo; hard plastic door cards, no roof headlining mounted grab handles and no spring loaded cover over the tailgate catch on the boot sill. The T-Roc interior is also pretty much all hard plastic - no soft touch plastics on the dashboard or doors. I suppose VW have to find ways of paying for their dishonesty over Dieselgate.

VW make a blanking plate for the mk7 Golf estate to cover the tow hitch hole; part no. ZGB5G9071568. I don’t know if there’s a similar blanking plate for the mk7 / mk7.5 hatch, or whether the estate blanking plate can be modified to fit the hole in the bumper on the hatchback. It’s quite an expensive piece of plastic though; there’s one for sale on eBay for £69.00.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I was under my car today and noticed a big hole in rear bumper valence.its proberly for toe hitch or somethink but for fs vw cheaping out on puting a cover on

Nope....

VW made different rear valances for the MK7...& all "with" or "with out" cutout for towing eye...for the estate they just made one...."with"...

for MK7.5 they now all come "with" cutout..

VW never made covers.....VWUK commissioned RGM (yes those same people who make bumper & sill covers) to make a cover for the existing hatch hole.....after they commissioned them to make a bigger cover to cover the bigger hole left to cut out to fit aftermarket tow eye in UK as factory fit tow bar was N/A for Uk market....

That was all in the 2013/2014........I know I did a thread on it....look in my sig at the big list its there...

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Nope....

VW made different rear valances for the MK7...& all "with" or "with out" cutout for towing eye...for the estate they just made one...."with"...

for MK7.5 they now all come "with" cutout..

VW never made covers.....VWUK commissioned RGM (yes those same people who make bumper & sill covers) to make a cover for the existing hatch hole.....after they commissioned them to make a bigger cover to cover the bigger hole left to cut out to fit aftermarket tow eye in UK as factory fit tow bar was N/A for Uk market....

That was all in the 2013/2014........I know I did a thread on it....look in my sig at the big list its there...

Cheers Dave. Not good tho. Well I hope I'll be able to sort it as I don't want a hole there

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Cheers Dave. Not good tho. Well I hope I'll be able to sort it as I don't want a hole there

Just measure the hole & order the correct cover that VWUK made...& the part number will not be on VW ETKA...but VWUK know about it....just go to the dealers...