GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Keyless entry....

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Absolutely locked myself out two nights ago.
I was 1.5 hours away from home when I was accidentally locked out of my own VW....
Had to call the GF, to bring the spare key, with the the full aunturage consisting of: 1x17YO, 1x4YO and 1x3YO who seem to be very excited at the fact dad was one of the last persons in the whole carpark.

Anyway, I’d walked up to the car, opened the boot, put my gear in the boot, closed and walked off for a cuppa tea...

Returned for another round but couldn’t gain entry as my key was in my cartridge bag, on the other side of the boot wall.

Absolute bummer: ??*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed

marvin1

Ready to race!
Why is the spare key at home? I have always carried two sets of keys on my person ever since cars were supplied with two sets but there again I am an odd, sensible person.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine won’t lock with the key in the boot!

Interesting. Just to clarify:

•my car was already locked on approach
•the key was in my bag
•I opened the boot using the boot handle only, not the fob
•put the bag in the boot (with key inside)

(....apparently at this point, the car is still technically locked. The boot latch has been released, that’s all. All doors are still locked)

•lowered, and closed my boot

...and I couldn’t gain entry on my return.

I spoke to VW UK about what happened, and VW are saying what happened to me is to be expected.

What was your sequence?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I think there are parameters which can be altered using VCDS...to stop this...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Did the exact same thing to myself last year. I was at the beach, car already locked. Opened the boot, put my bag in, and closed it. Forgot I had put my keys in the bag.

No, the car will not unlock from the outside with the key inside. Geico roadside FTW!

marvin1

Ready to race!
You blokes have been caught out by this stupid technology which is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine won’t lock in this sinario!

Wow, that’s good.

I’m keen to know if you’ve changed/reprogrammed how it behaves somehow...?

As VW Uk says what happened to me is to be expected, and operating correctly.