GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Briefly-stiff steering and red steering wheel light while cornering

CeleritasPrime

Ready to race!
....so at my last track day, I was lucky enough to have a session with noooo traffic at all. I pushed like mad, and had a blast, throwing the car into bends and powering out with all care (and smoothness) gone out the window. The car was OK with it....mostly.

On one occasion and one occasion only, during understeer coming out of a second-gear sweeper under WOT (with all nannies turned fully on), I had a very brief moment of the steering wheel locking or at least getting really really heavy. At the same time, the red steering wheel light came on. I backed off the throttle a little and the condition cleared and has not come back.

Should I be concerned about tracking the car again -- or should I just not mat it while still turning out of a corner? Was this maybe the TC/ESC kicking in?

GeoS VW

Passed Driver's Ed
That is an issue with the steering itself. The electric steering motor might have overheated.

Not related to any of the driving nannies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fretburnr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It's possible you temporarily overworked the EPS system with violent inputs. The electro-hydraulic PS in my old MR2 Turbo used to get overworked on quick slaloms at autox.

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Had this happen to me on track in a Mk6, the steering was godawful heavy until i got to the pits, shut it off, and restarted it.