GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First Autocross

depth_charged

Ready to race!
Went to my first autocross yesterday and had a blast. I am bone stock on the factory Hankook all seasons so it was drift city but I was able to shave 5.5 seconds off throughout the day with no cones killed and one DNF on my last run.

I mistakenly thought I was in STH, and now realize I'm an idiot and already started shopping for tires and getting ready to install a rear swaybar so I can stay in GS.

For anyone on here that has never gone to an event, I can safely say it was the most fun I have had in a car with my pants on and it was amazing to feel what this can do car pushed up to and passed the limit. Everyone there was super friendly and totally accepting of a complete novice.

Last edited:

Halewafa

Passed Driver's Ed
I highly recommend the Falken Azenis RT615k+. I've done two events with them so far and am really impressed!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

depth_charged

Ready to race!
I highly recommend the Falken Azenis RT615k+. I've done two events with them so far and am really impressed!

I ended getting a set of the Michelin P4S so I can daily the car on stickier tires as well.

If I end up sticking with it I could see investing in some higher performance tires and a second set up wheels, I just don't want to burn up really good rubber commuting.

Halewafa

Passed Driver's Ed
Just make sure you run the correct pressures, those tires have soft sidewalls and will get chewed up fast!