GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Window: Glass loose/falling

Anzani

I have recently had my window 'snap' from the motor and it's now free to slide up and down the door card. This happened in a fluke incident, i was stopped at the lights and went to let it down and it just made a loud click and dropped. (I assume it must have been stuck/stiff and the connection between the glass and motor gave way)

I'm not sure what the setup is like inside the door card, but I'm assuming that whatever attaches the motor to the glass has become disconnected... Any thoughts?

Has anybody ever pulled the door card off? Anything I need to be wary of before I have a go?

I'd also appreciate any advice on what to expect when looking at the electric window mechanism. The motor still works, just is not moving the glass!

Thanks!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Door panel (in the USA)? The regulator is what connects the glass to the motor assembly. It is a fairly simple yet complex system. Best you have your dealer fix it (under warranty?) since you are asking here, I am assuming you've not serviced one before.

You can check how to fix a window regular on youtube I suppose to get an idea what work is invovled.